Would my partner's unhealthy eating habit effect TTC?

Jitter

Reaction score
I'm nervous about TTC and I'm even more so that my partner doesn't eat healthy and will refuse to eat vegetables :( I tried everything, but he keeps going out to buy KFC or Mcdonalds. He's overweight, he's about 112KG and all he eats is pizza or junk food. I don't want to force him to eat healthier but it upsets me, he's such a sweetie but it is like he's afraid of eating healthier. What should I do? Will it effect TTC? I really, really want a child.

Yes, his overall health could definitely effect the quality of his sperm.

But.. What can I do? I really want a healthy child or any child. And him eating like this I feel he'll never be able to produce enough sperm or any healthy sperm at all.. I'm trying my best to be healthy but he isn't and he acts like he is allergic to healthy food.

I agree, it could well affect his sperm or the quality of it.

I have no experience, my DH loves fruit and vegetables and actually hates junk food... I imagine it would be pretty hard to get him to change his ways, but surely if he wants a baby too he would? And after all, he will then have someone that he needs to role model good eating behaviours to...?!

Good luck!

Maybe try and see if he would take vitamin supplements for awhile. Maybe start out slow by making a good healthy meal once a week he might feel the difference of eating healthier

and if that doesnt work do the trick that moms pull on their kids, hide veggies in his food, lol. I used to put corn in the macaroni and cheese, shaved carrots in tacos, lol.

Do you know if its a time issue, meaning he just doesnt have time to eat healthy which is why he does fast food, or does he just like fast food.

my DH was single for a long while before we got together, and being a single guy he never ate anything but fast food, so when we got together it was hard because I hate fast food, so we compromised and started with the once a week real food dinner, it wasnt always the healthiest but it got him used to eating real food that isnt under a heat lamp all day

fyi.. I took about 2 years but now he only eats fast food about 1 time a week usually for breakfast.

Good luck

Well, before you worry about it, why don't you see what happens? Tons of unhealthy people still conceive. Just because he eats unhealthy doesn't mean he has bad sperm - it's just more likely, but out of the millions in a single ejaculate, there's a huge amount that are likely just fine.

Now, I do think it's a good idea to see if he's willing to lead a healthier lifestyle for other reasons - he will live longer and better and be able to teach your children healthy habits, etc... But when it comes to making a baby, there's no reason to worry about his sperm quality before you've even tried.

Certainly could, but don't worry. I see toms of unhealthy people get pregnant first try and accident so it doesn't mean anything necessarily.

Buy him some vitamins at least and maybe try to help him just a tad with something healthy here and therr. Does he not like fruit? Grapes, blueberries, strawberries. ..all delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->