Would this freak u out

alibaba24

Reaction score
So I was in Asda today and I had stopped the buggy to wait on my friend. I had my 5 year old walking and toddler in the buggy when an old man approached us. He leaned right into the buggy to say hi to my youngest then said hi to my 5 year old . she was shy I encouraged her to say hello back but then he leaned in again and touched both there faces then gave me them both a crunchie :/ . he was just carrying crunchies round with him in his pocket I guess . it was fact he touched there cheeks :/ I do get the older generation is different and do things like that but I just felt weirded out by it and then when he gave them choclate told me I had lovely children. I was too shocked to really say anything st the time then I wondered am I being dramatic. It just seemed odd that he was carrying crunchies mmmm I dunno maybe I'm paranoid

I think alot of oldies are like this to be fair. The crunchie bits a bit weird, but I find alot do want to touch, and talk to the little ones.
Last week I was in co op with the kids and dropped my car keys. An old dear behind me picked them up, I thanked her and she smiled and cupped my face 😊 bless her.

I've had this happen to me before when DD1 was little. This random old man came and started talking to her in the buggy and then produced a bag of mini mars bars (like the ones you get in packs of Celebrations) and gave her a couple. I just thanked him politely but I didn't let her eat them because I'm paranoid and neurotic and was worried that they might somehow have been laced with deadly poison or something so I understand your concern!

I've had this happen to me before when DD1 was little. This random old man came and started talking to her in the buggy and then produced a bag of mini mars bars (like the ones you get in packs of Celebrations) and gave her a couple. I just thanked him politely but I didn't let her eat them because I'm paranoid and neurotic and was worried that they might somehow have been laced with deadly poison or something so I understand your concern!

That is so me !! As soon as I got home I put them in the bin lol

He probably was I just didn't like the way he was stroking there face it's probably me who is odd lol

Not weird at all. I don't see what could be weird about it.

I take Lana in to see my uncle bob in his nursing home occasionally and all the oldies love her, children are magical and lots of older people probably have no contact with little ones

The chocolate thing, I wouldn't eat or give my kids something I had been randomly handed, but, it's really common for people to give sweets. Not just the kids either I have had it loads of times when working

Loads of oldies round here carry sweets and give them or a pound to the kiddies randomly.

Oh yes, we were always getting silver put into bAbys hand or pram when they're born. I always try and give it back but they like doing it x

I could swear this has happened to us. Crunchie and all. Honestly?!?!?! This was so weird to read!

Its nice to see happy old people, they probably reminded him of his children young / grandchildren / memories.

It was posted on fb the other day that this man in particular has been making a nuisance of himself with kids in the local supermarkets and upsetting parents. I don't know all the details but the man described was the exact same. It's hard to know whether Its harmless or not but I always like to be on the side of caution. I think it's lovely that old people chat to kids and vice versa but sometimes certain people can be OTT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->