Would this matter to you?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
My favourite girl's name at the moment is Aurora (nn Rori). I know that we would probably use the nickname a lot as I completely love it for a little girl bur being Aurora means she can have something a bit more frilly as she grows up should she be a girly girl. The only issue, that has just dawned on me after liking the name for months, is our dog's name is Roxie. Are Roxie and Rori too similar? Would that put you off?

For me no it wouldn't put me off. One of my dogs is called Orla and my daughter is Lola then we called the kitten Hugo and my baby boy is Jago so quite similar lol!

Not at all. It's only a nick name and they don't sound anything alike IMO.

Thanks ladies. I didn't think it would put me off personally but I didn't want outsiders to think it was completely weird!

No it wouldn't me, I don't think they're that similar sounding personally :)

Thanks ladies. I didn't think it would put me off personally but I didn't want outsiders to think it was completely weird!

How many outsides are going to known your daughters nickname and your dog's name apart from close family and friends? Who wouldn't care regardless (and stuff 'em if they do)

It's a lovely name! Go for it :)

Not at all!!

My friend has a little called Isobel (izzy for short) and the dog is called bella. So Isobel and bella x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->