Would you be alarmed by any of the following

RedRose19

Pregnant with baby 5!
Reaction score
I'm in a high risk clinic mainly because my husband and eldest child have a mild bleeding disorder whuch means this baby could too,

Anyway the consultant was very nice, scanned me, told me I was having a baby girl all look good, took measurements, then asked if we wanted genetic testing.. third baby first time I was every offered it.. :shrug: I immediately panicked and asked why did he see something bad!! He was like what no just we can test for the bleeding disorder and if baby has it we know to be more careful at delivery ie no forceps or vacuum.
I said no thanks wasn't worth the risk as we just should be careful anyway,

Then he prescribed me double dose folic acid he said it was to do with new research shows extra folic acid is good for those who have smaller babies and can make sure the placenta is working correctly :shrug::shrug: never heard that before so I'm secretly scared he saw something :nope:

They're not allowed to lie to you, especially since you can sue them if something goes wrong because you didn't know about the condition.

Also, it wouldn't benefit anyone to lie to you. If they saw something, they'd need you to be aware of what might and might not happen, things to avoid or not. Sounds like you just got a good doctor who's been reading up on the issue and how it could affect the baby while she's on the inside.

The test he offered, was it an amnio or CVS, or was it the NIPT test? The NIPT test only takes blood from you and would be a great thing to have done for precisely the reason the doc mentioned.

It would be illegal for him to see something and not report it. And why would he? He wouldn’t gain anything, in fact he’d likely lose his job if or when it came out.

I take a very high dose folic acid, for a different reason than you, and it certainly would never be a worry for me that it was prescribed.

And if the research is new, you wouldn’t have heard it before. It makes sense, but it’s understandable why you’re worried.

Don't be worried! He wouldn't withhold information from you - totally understand your anxiety but if you were reading this from another poster, you would be offering calming words, too :) Its hard to not worry but sounds like you and doc are doing all the right things! Also, echoing from above, if the prenatal testing is just the blood test, i HIGHLY recommend you move forward with that. It is just a blood draw from your arm, nothing invasive that could ever harm baby or you :)

Agreed just new tests and new research is all. He legally cannot withhold information or observations from you, and the lawsuit that you would be entitled to if he did is not worth lying. Hugs

My husband also has a bleeding disorder, he has Von Wilderbrand, if I spelled that right. But not once have they offered genetic testing for it. We were going to way to test after they were born to find out. My daughter will be 4 and we haven’t tested yet. But earlier in pregnancy they’ve offered genetic testing if we wanted it but we always declined

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->