Would you dtd while ill?

rihanna

Reaction score
That title sounds ridiculous but you know how us Lttc'ers every month counts !

I have been ttc 17 months with irregular cycles after dtd last night I randomly took a opk this am - cd15 - (usually ovulate around day 21) and it was massively positive! Yay! But now I feel sick as a dog, stomachs ache and daren't eat thing ......

Trying to hold off being sick so OH will still dtd later!! Am I stupid? Should I just get on to bed and forget this cycle??

Wwyd?

If I sick I don't have sex. I feel horrible and very unsexy and the last thing I want to do is put out.

I know every month counts but if I'm ill I just want to curl up in bed and feel sorry for myself. I don't have sex if hubby is ill either. The idea of having sex with someone who is all snotty/feverish/vomiting/any other sickness, is just gross.

We try to dtd no matter what. If Im not feeling good, I just tell myself that it doesnt matter if Im totally into it, as long as DH is. My OBGYN is funny. He makes sure to tell me, no matter what, have sex. He says, u dont have to want to, just do it. So, I do. When DH is sick, its difficult. If he CANT do it, then we dont. But we at least try! But its completely up to u! Everyone has their own preferances!

:D this thread has made me chuckle as i was thinking exactly the same thing....shud I or shudnt I? lolol I have a spliting headache but think im gunna go for it anyway :haha: It took 4.5yrs to concieve my first and then we dtd even when poorly. Obviously if we feel REALLY bad then we dont, but hey - u gotta try!! :)

Oh, yes I would!! We've DTD under such conditions as having a migraine, a headache, on family trips that happened to fall in the "fertile" window, colds, etc. We're desperate at this point and probably wouldn't allow ourselves to miss it in the middle of a hurricane or something if we could help it! ;)

Hi :flower:
I was just hitting the 3 year mark for ltttc :( It got to the point where OH and I dtd like it was a chore :(
Anyway, we were both very sick with the flu right smack in my fertile window... We dtd with blocked runny noses, sore bodies, pounding migranes and felt really yucky... But it worked!
I think the body is more trying to fight off the sickness etc...

GL girly xxxxxxxoooooo

Go baby go, I would still jump that man. Go and have a good puke, brush the teeth, do some mouthwash, make a cup of tea (for after), light a candle and jump that man. I only get 12 chances a year and the wait is SOOOO long, I can't bear missing a go.

it depends how ill you feel, we DTD when i felt very unwell in Jan 2010 and that was my one and only BFP. unfortunately i had swine flu and had a MC.
however, if it is just a virus, general unwell, then i say get to it !!
good luck
xxxx

Lol thank you for the replies ladies it made me chuckle!

We did dtd BUT OH to bloody cramp so we had to stop before the 'end'!! Gutted! He's not so keen for tonight either grrrrr wtf!!!!

In general we dtd if one of us is somewhat sick, definitely do during sick. Dh not finishing...hopefully faster finish the next time!

The time I got pregnant with a sticky, after trying for months.. was right after I was VERY ill (I had the worst flu EVER). Your immune system will be down a little and in a way, you've got more of a chance of conceiving as your body isn't trying to kill off all the.. guys.. as much!

poor hubby got a cold and felt really sick, I still made him BD (every day) but I think our chances are not great cos illnesses seem to affect man's sperm count

Mmmm I still gave it a go at christmas with success, I had the cold, but we have tried again a few times since, now hubby has a cold... so not going well... Arghh!!! waste of a fertile window when we are both off work!!! Hopefully lempsip will do the trip and things will pick-up! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->