would you find it odd

Wriggley

Reaction score
If you were sat in a waiting room that only had 2 other people sitting in it and about 30 free chairs and a complete stranger decided to sit on the chair next to you forcing you to move your sleeping child and then proceeds to practically sit on your lap . . . Not kidding her butt was TOUCHING mine ... or am I to precious over my personal space lol

Definitely find it odd! I always leave 1 free chair between me and someone else. It's a last resort that I sit right next to someone.

I usually avoid sitting next to people if it's unnecessary. That does seem very odd! I think a lot of people might just sit by someone and might not have a second thought about it, but forcing you to move your child and that many empty chairs? No, that seems strange. Did they ask or indicate for you to move your child or did you just happen to do so for them to sit down? Weird.

I'd find that really odd! How strange

I'd have been very uncomfortable x

I usually avoid sitting next to people if it's unnecessary. That does seem very odd! I think a lot of people might just sit by someone and might not have a second thought about it, but forcing you to move your child and that many empty chairs? No, that seems strange. Did they ask or indicate for you to move your child or did you just happen to do so for them to sit down? Weird.

I had both my boys with me my youngest was asleep in his buggy and i sat on an end seat towards the back so that my buggy was as out the way as possible (i usually sit up the front) and my oldest was stood next to me taking his shoes off. she came in and said 'sorry can i get past?' so i moved my buggy back a little and i had to sit sideways on my chair (the rows of chairs are so close together to squeeze more in). then she stood in front of me for a while whilst she faffed about with her bags all the time im sat awkwardly. she then sat on the seat next to me but was practically sat on my lap :/ my oldest son was like 'oh theres no where for me to sit down' she ignored him didnt take the hint and lets face it would it have been to hard to move up a seat so he could sit down.

I was still trying to process what was going on and couldnt find the words to bascially say get the f**k off my lap :rofl:

then her husband came along.... dont even get me started about that little dramatic scene :/

This maybe me being cynical, but have you checked all your belongings? I find that too weird, especially if they had a wee scene infront of you which would make you uncomfortable look in other direction!

How strange!!! I always leave a seat between me and another person!!! Creepy!!

This maybe me being cynical, but have you checked all your belongings? I find that too weird, especially if they had a wee scene infront of you which would make you uncomfortable look in other direction!

this didnt even enter my mind but all that was in LOs bag was a bottle of drink each nappies wipes and a spare change of clothes and i had a small bag with my purse and phone which ive since used so nothing missing.

was just really odd the husband came along with their toddler he was waiting for her to pass her the kids shoes.... she spoke to him like sh*t she said 'well arnt you going to say excuse me to her?' - meaning me AWKWARD!

another lady turned round and looked at me as if to say WTH? lol

the husband told her he was going to put the boys shoes on over on the mat because there was more room and the woman was like 'no just do it here just come sit down' - most people put their kids shoes on on the mat because there is such little room between the rows of seats (btw ive been taking my LO for 2 years and ive NEVER seen this family before so was literally a complete stranger)

He came back over once the boys shoes were on and the woman said 'well your going to have to come sit down now because i want him to eat his snack here so say excuse me to her' - again meaning to me.

he said 'no im going to wait over here' so she said 'fine we will just go' she started faffing about and then said to him 'well are you going to get my bag or not? i cant carry it as well as the child'?

felt rather sorry for the poor guy her tone was so belittling

Gahh it stresses me out when people do this! People do it on busses too, I always keep my bag right to me because I'm a total cynic too.

I don't even like my own family sitting that close to me!

It was me, I just wanted to sit on your lap :( looked comfy.

Haha, that is rather strange though! Someone did it on an empty bus next to me the other day, I shuffled uncomfortably :lol:

xxx

Honestly, i would've, and have previously in similar scenarios, just moved. She obviously has no perception of what's rude so i wouldn't worry about offending her!

It was me, I just wanted to sit on your lap :( looked comfy.

Haha, that is rather strange though! Someone did it on an empty bus next to me the other day, I shuffled uncomfortably :lol:

xxx

This confirms some suspicions I had at our tea party :rofl:

Thanks ladies nice to know it's not just me being weirded out

EEk, weird. I would've moved to another seat pretty quick, even if it did seem rude to move after she sat down.

Definitely odd! I don't like it when people do that. The same in car parks too when the whole car park is available and someone parks right next to us it really stresses me out!

I really like my space, i get nervous around strangers so i would have been bothered too!

Maybe they reallllyyy liked you...? Haha. Just kidding. Yes i'd find it very strange! haha. I always leave at least one space, and in a full room I would literally choose to sit as far away from someone as possible! I also love my personal space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->