would you pay for a private early scan?

leahtaba

Reaction score
Looking at all the recent threads on here it seems early scans are more trouble than they are worth. But I am thinking at around the 8 week mark it would be great to be scanned for peace of mind!

I paid for an early scan with DD at 7+1 and saw HB but not much else, whole scan was around five mins long, and was £70 out of pocket. For that reason I said I wouldn't bother this time. But obviously the first tri is a very worrying time.... plus.... Ive found a place that does early reassurance scans for £55.

What do you think ladies? Go for it or wait until my 12 weeks scan and put up with the worry?

I would but i have a history of miscarriage. However i wouldn't bother before 8 weeks. 9 weeks is a really good time. If you have a good scan at that point it is nearly as reassuring as 12 weeks

I would and have paid for private scans several times, worth evey penny to me but I have a complicated past!

I did this time so i could see bubba before Christmas. I was 10w 3 days and it was worth every penny. Feel so reasssured now. Bubs was wriggling around crazy lol. It was sooo much clearer than my daughters 12 week nhs scan (still dont have a date for 12 week scan this time). Also got it for a great price, £35 instead of £100.

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k567/StaceyKor/D78FF551-35A3-4DEF-8F31-2284E16EE541.jpg
As u can see, very detailed for only 10 weeks x

My doc does a reassurance scan at 8 weeks and then nothing until 20 weeks. Too long for me! With DS we went and had a private one around 17 weeks and found out the gender. It was lovely.

I had an early scan at the EGU and we saw little bean clear with a heartbeat.

I also paid for a private scan at 9 weeks for reassurance.

It was worth every penny. We saw bean wriggling around getting comfy and even saw a wave! :haha:

I think it depends on where you go too as where I went they were lovely and really took a lot of time with us. We got about 10 scan photos too at the end and some little cream socks!

I would recommend it if you need some extra reassurance, it helped me heaps!

I wouldn't bother tbh...but then they are v expensive where I am and I would prefer to wait until the 12 week scan when you can actually see more than a bean iykwim!

My sis is in the US and they do the first scan between 8 and 10 weeks and she'll have another at 13 weeks.

I have done several times over three pregnancies, but would defo recommend waiting til 8 weeks. I was super paranoid with this one and went just after 7 weeks, but it was basically head blob, body blob and flickering pixel for the heartbeat. At 8 weeks with my first two we could see limb buds and movement :) (Ruby's condition couldn't be diagnosed prior to 12 weeks).

If you are having 12 week scan anyways, I wouldn't as early scans aren't always the best indicator of how baby is doing and more heartache than anything and 12 weeks aren't that far away if you are 8 weeks already. However, as some ladies say, if you have had past experience with MC it may make you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->