would you...

spicyorange

Reaction score
...take a job that paid more money or where the people seemed nicer?
Dh had 2 job interviews today. Both seem promising, simlar jobs. One pays £5k more than the other but the one with less pay the people seemed nicer. I was wondering what your priority would be, working environment or pay?

That is a tough one. I guess it would depend on how bad off we were financially because it would be hard to work with difficult people everyday. I think I would rather work with nice people and make a little less money.

I'd much rather work with nice people for less pay. My sanity is more important to me than money.

I'm not saying either are not nice the other just seem nicer..

Oh.. well then I guess it depends how much nicer the other people were, but in general nicer people > pay to me.

That's what I did when I got made redundant last year. I went for the one £3k less but I've ended up on more as I now get commission which is more than the pay drop. I'm so glad I did now!!!

I would always rather take a little bit less money than dread going to work every day because my coworkers are assholes and make work miserable. Life is too short for that! :) I know you said that the other place didn't seem mean, just not as nice, but first impressions can speak volumes into what the work environment may be like. Tell him to go with his gut, it never steers you wrong!

There is always a chance for advancement, so if it was me I'd take the nicer ppl.

i would take less if the people are nicer, i had a job where i earned more money a couple of years but the people were awful, i left that one after 3 months and went back to my old job (which was £5k less too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->