Would your OH be offended if you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongRoadAhead

♥Due 06/05/09♥
Reaction score
got him this for Christmas?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blokes-Gui...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226394827&sr=8-1

Hes 20 and its our first baby together, so everythings going to be new to us!
I was thinking of getting him that book but would hate to offend him and for him to think I assume hes going to be useless etc.
Im hoping it might make him understand why Im being such a moody cow sometimes (Blame the hormones of course)hehe!

Thanks
Ashleigh
Xxx

:rofl: :rofl: At the thought of me giving Michael that for Christmas, considering he would never read it LOL, BUT For any mormal guy that is not my OH, I think it would be a great gift (if you think he would read it!!) :hug:

i think its a lovely gift, my DH wouldnt be offended (well he would this time because its our 2nd baby lol) but he would never read it lol, i have a book from last pregnancy that has a fathers bit in there and i wanted him to read that, he kept saying he would but never did lol!!

Ha! Cor what are men like when it comes to reading! They make it out to be some sort of chore! Im hoping he will actually bother reading it but Im probably just kidding myself Lol!!
Thanks for your replies :)
Xx

Me and my sisters and OHs are doing a secret santa this year, and I know for a fact that DH put at least one book like that on his list!

my oh wouldnt read it, he'd tell me to put it on ebay a few weeks later or pretend to have read it haha x

I bought my OH a book called "The Dude's Guide to Pregnancy" and it hasn't really touched it... but it's a funny book, kind of puts it into major man perspective.

My OH actually bought this book off his own back. I read it too - it was actually really sweet and funny, Im sure yours will love it :)

xxx

Mine would be offended because he knows I picked it up for 99p on eBay! :rofl:

Seriously, it's a fantastic book for blokes, as soon as it came, I opened it and started reading it, I finished it the same night, just couldn't put it down.

OH is in the middle of Allen Carrs stop smoking book but as soon as he has finished that he will read this.

It's funny (God did I laugh at some parts!!), yet serious, and explains everything that WE go through, why it happens and how to handle it.

Get it for your OH, I'm sure he'll love it for its comic value aswell as explaining everything which will happen, before, during birth and after the birth xxx

I bought my OH a DVD that was made by blokes for guys to teach them about the pregnancy, birth and new child. It was so useful, he was offendedat first but I told him to bugger off and i'll watch it myself; then he sat and watched it with me and it helped heaps!

I looked through this book with OH and he didn't like it as it tried to come off as laddish humour in a lot of parts. Have a look at this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haynes-Baby-Manual-Conception-Years/dp/1844250598/ref=pd_sim_b_52

Ooooh my dp has that book.

My Mother bought it for him last year. TBH he was really offended.

She didnt get anything like that for her other 2 son in laws and my dp was fucked off to say the least!!!

Ive read it and found it to be a good read, its better than the borin lady preggo books.

V x x

Thank you all for your helpfull replies :)
Iv decided I am going to get it for OH but say to him first 'Its not to be mean, its really really good so bluddy read it:D'
Xxx

Mine would probably put it on the shelf to gather dust

My OH bought himself this book too and read it from cover to cover. . .
He found it soooooo funny he kept chuckling to himself and reciting bits of the book out to me.

Fab book!! x x

mine bought this book called fatherhood, he loved it haha

i think im gna get him another one of these, purely cos he still acts like hes about 12 sometimes hehe

xxx

He wouldn't be offended at all, but i know my OH would just shove it at the back of the pile and not bother !! But thats cause hes a twat who thinks he doesn't need to bother looking all this stuff up !!

If you think your oh will read it then go for it !

I don't see how he'd be offended. I got DH "What to Expect When Your Wife is Expanding" last year, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"