Wow! Isn't the body weird!

HPMINI

Reaction score
So last weekend I was a bit (a lot) disappointed that my DH was away for the weekend and I thought it was going to be the weekend I O'd, based on previous readings. However, I have been using a fertility monitor kit and something must have been on my side this month as I have continued to use the kit and over the weekend it was showing as low but today is showing as O. Have already made plans for tonight!

So last weekend I was a bit (a lot) disappointed that my DH was away for the weekend and I thought it was going to be the weekend I O'd, based on previous readings. However, I have been using a fertility monitor kit and something must have been on my side this month as I have continued to use the kit and over the weekend it was showing as low but today is showing as O. Have already made plans for tonight!

weird and wonderful in this case for you :thumbup: you may have been stressing about it the chance of ov. while he was away so much that your body delayed it.

So annoyingly although O waited for DH to get home - he was too tired! So Tuesday night wasn't productive and last night didn't happen.
Usually I haven't discussed my frustrations with him to avoid performance anxiety but this time I decided to go for it and tell him how irritating it was that he always seems to be up for it either side of O but not during!
So we had a bit of a discussion about the fact I need to tell him when O is going to occur so we can plan it all a bit better. He also suggested that we go to discuss with the doctor and he is happy to book himself an appointment. I don't know when he'll get to that though but it's progress.
I also discussed that there are products like preseed that assist with all this. And so I'm going to be looking at ordering some.
So frustrating - time is ticking on but I think we have turned a small corner.
So a bit more promising!

glad you had a chat with him, that sucks that he wasn't up for the job, especially when we wait all month for ov to arrive :growlmad:

maybe keeping him well informed about where you are in the cycle is a good approach. my dh knows every detail now, right down to when EWCM starts showing :dohh: in fact he calls me from work and asks for updates on my ov sticks haha. maybe yours is a bit like mine, and the more open and involved in it, the more comfortable he feels. he can prep himslef mentally then :winkwink: with men we assume that they wouldn't want to know, well i believe it's the opposite case with many. sounds good he's onboard with a docs trip too :winkwink: the talk has done him good.

btw, preseed is ace :thumbup: :winkwink:

Hpmini I feel your pain! My OH tends to be too tired during o time, but no the rest of the month! So annoying!! He is quite involved in all the details of my cycle but doesnt want to know when I o as he says he gets anxiaty performance! Grrr!

It is great that yours is kee to see the doctor, wish mine was!

Sorry you didn't have sex around O this month- how annoying! My hubby is a bit of a geek so he likes to see my opks and see if they are getting draker, he also loves if we do the deed enough to get high on the intercourse timing score on fertility friend! So after a year of being mysterious(!) the last year I've been really upfront and say oh I have EWCM time to POAS!!
Strangely it seems to work better for us
Good luck next month
:dust::dust::dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry you didn't have sex around O this month- how annoying! My hubby is a bit of a geek so he likes to see my opks and see if they are getting draker, he also loves if we do the deed enough to get high on the intercourse timing score on fertility friend! So after a year of being mysterious(!) the last year I've been really upfront and say oh I have EWCM time to POAS!!
Good luck next month
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are soooooooooo lucky your man is into this. That seems to be the best way. They are supposed to be your best friend and him taking part in this is a great sign that he will be a huge help with the baby when the time comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck next month
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Really? :haha:

Mine is only interested in my OPK lines when he's horny...:haha:

"Mine is only interested in my OPK lines when he's horny...:haha:"

Indigo- that made me laugh! I think my hubby sees it as a manly challenge having to get all the :sex: in on the fertile days ha ha!

I tell him I need a hunky fit man to dtd :haha:

He's now started looking at the opks and telling me when I'm going to ovulate :dohh:!!

The things we do eh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->