Written to my consultant, Happy update!!

sunshineray7

Mummy of 2 little men
Reaction score
Some of you prob saw my post about being refused a csection after a previous emcs. I got my 2nd opinion date through for the 25 th April when I'll only be 3 days away from 39 weeks. My midwife says it still might be a no from this consultant too! So I've written a letter expressing my concerns and wishes, do you think this will help? She's on holiday apparently until the week of my app, so may not even get a chance to read it but I'll take it to my appointment also. Has anyone else been through a 2nd opinion?

No advice hun but im really suprised that you were refused i thought if you have had a previous c sec then you automatically got the choice?

:hugs: I hope the second opinion consultant lets you have the csec x

No advice hun but im really suprised that you were refused i thought if you have had a previous c sec then you automatically got the choice?

:hugs: I hope the second opinion consultant lets you have the csec x

Unfortunately that's what I thought too so was really surprised I was refused. I can't stop thinking about it and winding myself up... I just hope the letter works, going to show my midwife tomorrow to see what she thinks.

I am sorry you were refused, what reason did they give

I am sorry you were refused, what reason did they give

She basically said it wasn't good for the baby to be born before his due date and that it's hospital policy to send for a 2nd opinion. I really don't mind having a 2nd opinion, just wish it was sooner so I could prepare myself.

I guess things are different everywhere, but the OB I was just referred to (I may have to have a c-section due to breech baby) told me that if I had another baby I could automatically choose to have a c-section or a VBAC

I really hope you can get the outcome you want!

Why did you have the EMCS? Sometimes, depending on the reason they like to try a vaginal next time. Although with the risk of rupture etc, I thought they would have given you the choice? How horrible they are leaving the decision so late for you.
I had an EMCS and at my 6 week checkup I was told that they probably wanted to try a vaginal next time. The thing is, I have been told since I was 13 (after pelvic surgery) that I wouldn't be able to have a vaginal delivery due to the shape of my pelvis and injury to it. I was going to have an elective section, but the doctors changed their minds at 37 weeks and told me to 'give it a go'. I wasn't worried about the labor, but really worried about LO. I had a rough time after a 5 day induction and pushing for 3 hours. They tried forceps but due to the shape of my pelvis, she couldn't fit through. She was an average sized baby too. I'm totally disgusted that I was told that next time to try vaginal again. I will tackle that when the time comes.
I hope they sort it out for you ASAP. Best of luck!

Why did you have the EMCS? Sometimes, depending on the reason they like to try a vaginal next time. Although with the risk of rupture etc, I thought they would have given you the choice? How horrible they are leaving the decision so late for you.
I had an EMCS and at my 6 week checkup I was told that they probably wanted to try a vaginal next time. The thing is, I have been told since I was 13 (after pelvic surgery) that I wouldn't be able to have a vaginal delivery due to the shape of my pelvis and injury to it. I was going to have an elective section, but the doctors changed their minds at 37 weeks and told me to 'give it a go'. I wasn't worried about the labor, but really worried about LO. I had a rough time after a 5 day induction and pushing for 3 hours. They tried forceps but due to the shape of my pelvis, she couldn't fit through. She was an average sized baby too. I'm totally disgusted that I was told that next time to try vaginal again. I will tackle that when the time comes.
I hope they sort it out for you ASAP. Best of luck!

I had an emcs for non progression after induction. There are people who have had much worse experiences but for me, it was pretty awful. I'm not worried about labour, just really don't want another emcs, so would prefer elective so I feel like I'm in control a bit more. I'm worried that ds never engaged and his head never came down throughout the labour, and now this one isn't engaged either, although I know with second babies they sometimes don't.

My hospital called me today to rebook my 2nd opinion appointment for this Wednesday, so maybe my letter worked. I'm so relieved, but nervous about appointment now!!

Had my 2nd opinion appointment today and consultant was lovely and very understanding. She did try and talk me into vbac, which I knew she would but she said at the end of the the day it's my body and ultimately my choice, so I'm booked in for 30th April, I'll be 39+2...soooo excited now!!!

Thats fantastic news!!! well done, the letter must have worked x

Thats brilliant news, so pleased you've got it sorted and can now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

Thanks ladies, I'm so relieved now, but can hardly contain my excitement!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->