WTH is going on? 5 days late. Spotting. BFN on IC's.

YoungatHeart

Reaction score
Hello all! I posted this is the TWW, but I thought since we're all in the same (not old) boat, I might get more of a response here :friends:

I'm 38 and DH is 24. This is our first month TTC.

Normally I have a 28-day cycle and usually don’t spot. Once there is a little brown blood, AF follows quickly, but not this cycle.

I’m now eight days past what I thought might be implantation spotting and still getting BFN. I bought what I thought were Wondfo’s off Amazon and got Clinical Guard. I’ve read they aren’t that sensitive, but if I’m pregnant, shouldn’t I have a BFP by now?

Here is a shortened version of my symptoms. (Longer version here)

CD19–CD33 (now) very sore boobs, intermittent nausea, tired, hungry
CD22 - Take a test even though it is waaaaay too early. BFN.
CD24 - OMG my boobs hurt! Worse nausea yet. BFN. Slight spotting after sex.
CD25 - TMI -> thick (almost like paste) black/brown blood in the morning, turns a little redder and more watery by night. Not enough to fill a slightly thicker old-school panty liner. Some cramping. BFN.
CD26 - Watery red spotting in the morning, light brown by night. Fills one super-thin liner. BFN.
CD27 - Light brown watery spotting (only in the center of super-thin liner) to basically nothing. BFN
CD28 - super-watery, almost non-existent spotting, no more cramping BFN with FMU.
CD29-CD33(now) – No more spotting. BFN every day with FMU.

My boobs and nipples have been very sore this whole time, seem denser and they’ve grown a cup size. Then Sunday (CD31) I noticed my areolae are bigger and my veins are more visible and I have a couple of patches of spidery capillaries I have never had before.

The only thing I could think is maybe an anovulatory cycle, but what about the changing boobs??

Please help me make sense of this! Keep testing or call the day and a half spotting my period and move on? Get a FRER?

Thanks for reading all this! :flower:

Do you temp or use OPKs? These help show you when or if you are ovulating, so you can prepare yourself for catching the egg at the right time.

I'm not sure what to tell you about your symptoms. Just wanted to say hi and I hope you get a BFP in the next couple days!! Good luck!!

Thank you! This was our first cycle, so I am just now using OPK's. I actually am trying to decide on a good thermometer for the price to start basal temping.

And today I'm nauseous :/ My fingers are crossed for everyone.

I just use a Vick's thermometer that has red, yellow and green lights. It stores the last temperature. It only goes to one decimal, but that is all I need. Oh, and it takes 5 seconds to read your temperature (and beeps while counting down), and it glows when it's finished so you can read it in the dark. It's cheap, easy to use, and for the price, you can't beat it.

For anyone googling (like I did when this issue came up), I just got my period. This was my first true cycle after 2 months of bc to clear up a cyst. My pre-bc cycles were 28 days. This one was 37 with mid-cycle spotting and LOTS of symptoms.

But I'm happy that af showed, so now I can start charting for real :)

Fertility friend is a great resource for keeping track of your temps (like in my signature). Just make sure you take it as soon as you open your eyes, but before you get out of bed, and do it consistently, i.e. same time every morning (even on weekends!). Your chart will start making sense after a couple months if it takes that long!

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->