WTT 18 and at uni

bethany1991

Reaction score
Hii everyone, i'm still fairly new here
i started university in september and now the thought of having to wait three years to even begin to try is just horrible!
whenever i see my OH cooing etc. over little babies particularly my baby cousins who he's lovely withh - it just makes me melt inside and wonder why i'm waiting aroundd - before anyone starts the 'financially secure' posts - he has a full time job and earns a more than decent 18 year olds wage

i wanted to know if anyone else was in a similar situation!? :haha:

hey

im not in a similar situation(as in OH and i arnt in good postion)i think wev spoken before im also at uni...

Are you WTT for your future or for you? Maybe ask your OH why your waiting? he might feel the same way!!!

not helpful sorry :(

xx

Hey hun! You're in a better position than me!
I'm 20, in my second year of uni. OH is the 19 and also in his second year. So we don't have a house, neither of us can drive, neither of us have jobs...
He has some savings, but...
We're planning on TTC in 2014, so we have a lot of things to do before then! Hang in there, seriously it passes in a flash! And once you have your degree you can get a better job and be able to spoil your LO more! :thumbup: :happydance:

Hi Welcome to WTT. I am in no position to give you advice, my DH and I didnt have our first child till this year and we are 35. We wanted to do so much first, we have good jobs, our own home, we emigrated and travelled the world. I didnt feel ready until recently. SAying that I now wish I had started earier so I could have more kids.

I would have a chat with your OH and make a plan about your future in terms of babies. Good Luck with college.

I am also at uni.- and actually If I was succesfull at my first course I would be finished next year , But I wasnt so it probably takes 1 to 2 years to cmplete because the courses I need are only offered yearly. I hope it takes only about 1 year...

Hiya, I'm 17 and at uni too. Athough we haven't set an absolute date yet, it will probably be about 3/4 years before we TTC too and it kills me!:haha: I would have a chat with your OH and see where you both stand and then just see how it goes from there! :thumbup:

hey hun,

Im in my final year at uni, and have been broody for about 2 years now.. its an absolute killer isnt it?

The only thing I can tell you is that time actually flys. I know you wont want to but enjoy the time whilst you have it.. as it happens Im having to take out a gap year before I start my PGCE or midwivery course because i got my application in late.. the thought of waiting so long is killing me, but it will be soooo worth it in the end.

Good luck.

xxx

Firstly I have to apologise for sneaking into this board as I'm from the second trimester one, sorry!

I am not exactly in the same position but am a mature student and I did a foundation degree and a year of Psychology before deciding it was not for me and changing my course and was supposed to start September just gone. Me and my husband planed the baby and timed it so it would be due just after exam time (and failed since my due date is the 10th of May). Anyway, I could not work part-time, be a full-time student and pregnant all at once as it would have become far too much at once so had to push back my new course to start next September. So I would say that at least if you wait until after Uni you will not need to take a gap year in the middle (I know some people manage to be at uni pregnant but it is hard going)! Plus, I am dreading needed to put my baby in a nursery or childminders when it is only a few months old depending on my husbands shifts at the time, so you would not need to do that either. But if you can not wait you will have to make some sacrifices that you may not need to make in 3 years time. Good luck.

:wave: im new also and im 19 and at college and OH is 20 and we are waiting til we are married which will be about 2 more years. drop me a PM if you want, im always around as i have no life :rofl:

Hi ladies, I am in my final Year of uni (6 months to go- major argh!) but by OH is on a longer course than me so got another year and a half plus another year training. Not really sure when I will TTC but I already know that I am likely to have some difficlties, this makes me more desperate as I want to give myself as long as possible to TTC! Anyway nice to see that others are on here in a similar situation :)

Hi, all I can say is you need to think about your long term future and what you want for your life. If you have aspirations for a career that needs a formal education as a grounding then my advice would be to spend a couple of years investing in the long term. Whilst a child is clearly forever you will have many many working years ahead of you and so you have to think that far ahead. But I feel your pain and 3 years must seem unmanageable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->