XMas - What are you buying your 5yr old girl and 6yr old boy?

BethK

Reaction score
Please help.

I have 16 under 8's to buy for this year and i'm struggling BIG time!

I'm stuck mainly on the 12 - 18 months babies as they're younger siblings, so have everything from their older siblings :(

But also i need ideas for a football mad nearly 7 year old boy, a doll mad 5 year old girl and a crazy adrenalin junkie 5 yr old boy.

The 7 year old i thought maybe this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doowell-Activity-Charts-Magnetic-Football/dp/B0015QQZJS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1349097909&sr=8-9

But i don't know if he'll be able to read them at that age :S

The 5 year old girl i thought this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Up-Artist-Sketch-Book/dp/B000JCYEYM/ref=sr_1_9?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1349098013&sr=1-9

But then i don't know if it's a little too old for a 5 year old and maybe it would suit an 8 year old more.

I have no idea what they should be into at that age :(

Ok so I can help with the 5 year old girl :thumbup: that make up book looks a little too old BUT mine loves make up, jewellery, all hair bits, nail varnish (basically going into claires accessories is her idea of heaven!) and hello kitty - as do most of her friends

She also likes playmobil and polly pocket, she might like these if she's into dolls, hth xx

Thanks ever so much!
I thought the book as she loves drawing and makeup but yes I think you're right, it's a bit too old.
Thank you for the new ideas! :)

My 5 year old boy is having train track from us for christmas but he's a little younger than the boy you are looking at.

I have 4 nephews and 4 nieces and i tend to ask their parents what they have on their christmas list. That way i make sure that i can get them things that they really want. The only time i don't do that is when i am buying them clothes.

Thanks, i've tried asking the parents but they just say 'oh don't worry about getting anything' :s

Lucas will be 6 by the time Christmas rolls round, we are sending on an ice hockey camp for 3 days so thats his main present this year, he will also get other bits and bobs, like books, cars, board games, hungry hippos is a current fave :flower:

I agree, go into Claire's accessories for the five yr old girl. My five yr old loves it there and they do hello kitty stuff too. I've also got her some make your own jewellery kits, and ds games and a pillow pet. Watch tiny pop on sky and see What's in the adverts. That's the stuff my five yr old wants.

My 6 year old is obssesed with LEGO as are many of his friends

We have brought a few of these for him- and we are giving them to our nephews

LEGO Creator kits like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO®-Crea...f=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1349217690&sr=1-1

Girls are more difficult. Is she into sylvanian families? My 4 year old loves them- she is also getting Barbie bits but I know not everyone likes their kids playing with barbies!

my son us five and its all lego star wars, star wars figures, lego city, transformers and avengers. but almost everythin he has chosen is lego.
for the girl you could get those creative kits where you make yr own jewellery or trinket boxes etc.

My son is 5 and at the moment he loves HM armed forces, Batman, Lego, jigsaw puzzles and Hotwheels :)

my daughter is 6 she wants anything Barbie, she loves the movie, she will probably have thse things and my son is 4 he loves hotwheels and car tracks so I'm thinking a hotwheels track or scalelctirix track x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->