Xx

I'm not sure but I think when they're night trained they shouldn't wake up at night for a pee? DS goes all night without waking up, even when he wakes up in the morning he doesn't always run to the toilet. You try to set an alarm to take her to the toilet, or take her to the toilet before you go to bed? I don't even know if it's a good idea to wake her up.

Does she wake up at night?

DS was dry at night on his own and it was before starting potty training, so I guess it's bladder control that will come on itself rather than training ? Sorry I don't have a useful advice

Kiddo doesn't wake up at night for using the toilet although he wakes up some nights to drink water, he might wake up once every few months but it's not something that goes on every night.

^^^ This is exactly the same as my LO, she may wake up at night for a million different things (too hot/too dark/a noise etc) but she has never woken up for the toilet since she has been potty trained.

why dont you just try taking her nappy off tonight and seeing how it goes? We sleep with the landing light on as LO is afraid of the dark so perhaps you could try leaving it on and just see how you go? :thumbup:

My son does sometimes need a wee during the night. We waited until his pull ups were dry for about a week in a row and then told him he needed to wee before going to bed because he wasn't going to have a nappy anymore.
He was old enough to know what we meant and took to it really well. We of course had a few wet bed nights, normally when he was poorly. It was easier than I thought it was going to be though!

My daughter has such soaking wet nappies at night time, and she hardly drinks before bed. She poos in them every night :(

It doesn't sound like she's ready? Especially if she poos in her nappy? I think you can help them along a bit, I know friends of mine do 'lifting' when you place them on the toilet before you go to bed.
My son is 4 in September and still sleeps in nappies. He's hardly ever dry when I get him up. I think he goes around 4-5 hours then wees, as the odd night he's not put his pull up on properly he will wet the bed around midnight. I'm just waiting but it's hard!!

Ben was dry at night from around 4.5, I did nothing to 'make' him do it, just one day they were dry in the mornings. I did notice though once he stopped wearing them, that some nights he would be restless/not wanting to sleep for an hour or so, then he said he had to pee/poop, once that was done he went to sleep.

I used to get so frustrated that he was messing about until I realised perhaps subconsciously he knew he'd need to go!! Do you take her to the toilet before bed each night? Even if she says she doesn't have to go, ask her to try?

Like a PP said he doesn't wake up to pee (every few months he wets the bed, but it's getting better) and he doesn't run off to do so in the morning.

DS was waking with a dry nappy then wetting it before toilet training and it was one of the things that made me decide to train him at about 2&4 mths. From he was about 6 months he wouldn't poo in a wet nappy therefore he never poo'd at night! Yes I'd get him a clean nappy only for it to be dirty within 5mins. However he does wake for other things during the night, kicks covers off and wants a cuddle!

I think for your daughter I'd encourage her to use the toilet before bed, use a pull up (making it easy for her to use the toilet) and tell her she is big enough to use the toilet if she wakes or needs in the morning and to wake you if she needs help.
If that doesn't seem to make any improvement I think I would be tempted to ask your GP if their is anything you can do.

My DD started waking up dry at 2.5 before I even potty trained her. I'm really not sure that you can teach them to stay dry at night. Eventually their brain and bladder just keep them from needing to go at night. There is a hormone that makes you produce less urine at night. Many children aren't night-dry at much older than 4.

I think the last time my DD woke up for the bathroom was in December. She has a fever and I think that's really why she got up, not for the bathroom.

My son does sometimes need a wee during the night. We waited until his pull ups were dry for about a week in a row and then told him he needed to wee before going to bed because he wasn't going to have a nappy anymore.
He was old enough to know what we meant and took to it really well. We of course had a few wet bed nights, normally when he was poorly. It was easier than I thought it was going to be though!

This is exactly how we did it - one full week dry then pull ups off.

DD1 was 7 before she was dry at night
DS was 5
DD2 was 2.5 - she just stayed dry as soon as she as out of nappies in the daytime

You can't teach a child to be dry in the night, waking when you need a wee is a subconscious act, you just can't teach anyone that. Your bladder talks to your brain when you are asleep, it just happens when it happens. More importantly lots of kids don't actually need to get up for a wee, so when there bladder is ready to hold it all night, it will.

I didn't teach my soN how to be dry at night. I didn't really know how to despite him being dry in the day for well over a year before being dry at night. Shortly after his 4th birthday he just said to me one day that he didn't need a pull up at night anymore and he didn't. He had random dry and wet nights up until then. Whenever I worried about it I was always reassured it was physiological rather than something they have control over.

You need to wait until they have a dry nappy in the morning before you can 'train' them. For night time it's more about bladder control rather than being able to train them to wake up and go to the loo.

My girl is still in nappies at night. She's nearly 6 and although it frustrates me that we still have to buy nappies, I'm not going to push it yet as she still wakes up most morning soaking wet and sometimes is dirty.

Doctors generally won't do anything about it until they are at least 7 as children need the correct hormone in order to be able to hold their wee and it can take until they are 7 before they get this.

Taking your child to the loo before you go to bed or in the middle of the night may help to keep them dry over night but it won't teach them bladder control.

My 4.5 year old DD was still in pull ups at night time until a month ago when we decided to try her without them seeing as it's the summer hols. She was still having wet nappies when she woke but we still tried. The first week she wet the bed every night but then the 2nd she had a few dry nights but now 4 weeks in she's had 1 wet bed in about 10 days. She goes for a wee before bed and still has a small drink before bed, we don't wake her during the night for a wee.

Our 2.5 year old DD has been potty trained and totally dry at night for the past 2 months but has done this herself when we started potty training during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->