Year gone by, alternative natural methods?

treasured

Reaction score
Hello,

I know many of the ladies on this part have been trying longer than me, but I feel it is appropriate to post here now that a year has past.

Basically I am 21, as is OH. He has been tested and has a good sperm count and motility, we are both very healthy and active, don't smoke or drink often. I have seen a doctor once 6 months ago who told me to just keep at it because I'm young (great!) and this has kind of put me off seeing a doctor again. I will however go if a few more months of charting go by to no avail.

Anyway, this thread is basically just for anyone to post natural methods which they may have tried or heard to be successful? Such as vitamins or anything?

Or just if anyone would like to chat and share their stories :) :hugs:

Good luck to you. Took me and my wife 2 years after the first, which was basically just a wink and conception :)

Hello,

I know many of the ladies on this part have been trying longer than me, but I feel it is appropriate to post here now that a year has past.

Basically I am 21, as is OH. He has been tested and has a good sperm count and motility, we are both very healthy and active, don't smoke or drink often. I have seen a doctor once 6 months ago who told me to just keep at it because I'm young (great!) and this has kind of put me off seeing a doctor again. I will however go if a few more months of charting go by to no avail.

Anyway, this thread is basically just for anyone to post natural methods which they may have tried or heard to be successful? Such as vitamins or anything?

Or just if anyone would like to chat and share their stories :) :hugs:

Hi treasured.

If you list the things you have done so far (you mention charting - what kind?) I can give you some tips on other things so try (I have been doing this for 4 years, so have tried all sorts of weird things :) )

Lawgirl

Thanks Jakeinsem - did you do anything differently the month you conceived?

Lawgirl- I use opks, temp every morning on fertility friend, have tried vitamin b6 for lengthening my luteal phase which really isn't a problem I was just missing my o date! This month I started a diet though and noticed spotting from ovulation which was on and off until AF arrived today! :( so sorrrry you've been at this for so long! Are there reasons for you not conceiving or is it just one of these awful things? Xx

Thanks Jakeinsem - did you do anything differently the month you conceived?

Now I have it down to a good formula of multivit, zinc, coQ10, carnitine, fish oil, and lots of blueberry smoothies. My cum load, sperm counts, morph and motility are all very good, but back then it was just a very good diet with veggies and fruits, no dairy, which I think primed my testicles to give their best :spermy::spermy::spermy:

Hi, i have been doing this for 14 months now so a bit over a year. I do have 2 other children ages 4 and 18 months. Always took over a year to conceive so we started tying when baby was only 4 months old amd here i am still. Time is not on my side since i am 36 already. Been checked and me and hubby are in perfect health. I will keep trying and hopefully smething happens. The 2 times i got pregnant i was on a "B" vitamin complex thing. The second time i was taking the same vitamin, was exercising and beleive it or not....was drinking this thing in the morning to loose weight. Its an alll natural stuff called green cofee. I had only been drinking it for 1 month. I dont know it that had anything to do with it but got pregnant pretty quick. I am now taking the vitamin and hopefully will get the green cofee soon again.

Hi, i have been doing this for 14 months now so a bit over a year. I do have 2 other children ages 4 and 18 months. Always took over a year to conceive so we started tying when baby was only 4 months old amd here i am still. Time is not on my side since i am 36 already. Been checked and me and hubby are in perfect health. I will keep trying and hopefully smething happens. The 2 times i got pregnant i was on a "B" vitamin complex thing. The second time i was taking the same vitamin, was exercising and beleive it or not....was drinking this thing in the morning to loose weight. Its an alll natural stuff called green cofee. I had only been drinking it for 1 month. I dont know it that had anything to do with it but got pregnant pretty quick. I am now taking the vitamin and hopefully will get the green cofee soon again.

good luck to you two :dust:

nino- how long did it take you to conceive your other two children? sorry you are having a struggle this time :( I have never heard of that coffee but will maybe have a look online! I am going to start taking vit b6 again although my LP is not an issue anymore. I know I am young and have a lot of time, most of my friends havent even thought about children yet but I know I am ready, as is OH! I just worry because we are so young and this is my peak fertility time and nothing is happening!

jakeinsem- thanks! I wish my OH was as dedicated as you with all the vits and things haha, he thinks that you just pop the sperm in and thats that!

Hi Treasured

I have unexplained infertility - I really wish I had a diagnosis! I have been pregnant twice, right at the start of trying, but unfortunately I lost both early on. We are just about to start our second IVF treatment.

Do try to get your OH to take vitamins if you can - my's OH's sperm improved when he started taking them (although his were good already). He's taking the Wellman vitamins.

A few things I have tried:
  • Drinking grapefruit juice up to ov (meant to stimulate production of EWCM - didn't work for me, but I know it has been successful for others)
  • Taking evening primrose oil up to ov (meant to stimulate production of EWCM - didn't work for me, but I know it has been successful for others)
  • Taking vitamin D
  • Using Conceive plus lubricant (supposed to be sperm friendly)
  • Reflexology (very relaxing and seems to have helped my cycles become more regular)
  • Taking vit b complex (I note you have already tried this)
  • Eating brazil nuts (can't remember what it's supposed to do)

I'm currently taking the Boots Conception Support vitamins and drinking spearmint tea (you may have seen the other thread on this!).

Just because none of this has worked for me doesn't mean it won't for you - our bodies react differently, so you have to try different things.

I have also heard that other people have taken soy isoflavones and maca and used softcups, but I've not tried any of those things myself.

My DH and I have been ttc for 2 years now with no luck. I'm 33 and it's making me nervous that it is taking this long. You're young and have plenty of time so try not to worry too much. I've heard some women on this site try pre-seed and/or conceive plus lubricant and then was pregnant soon after. I just bought some online. So, hopefullyit works for me too. Maybe you should try it too. Good.luck!

My DH and I have been ttc for 2 years now with no luck. I'm 33 and it's making me nervous that it is taking this long. You're young and have plenty of time so try not to worry too much. I've heard some women on this site try pre-seed and/or conceive plus lubricant and then was pregnant soon after. I just bought some online. So, hopefullyit works for me too. Maybe you should try it too. Good.luck!

pre-seed is fantastic. i've always used that with my clients. very slick! and long lasting without any odors or negatives, and as mentioned, is safe for your :spermy::spermy::spermy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->