Yeast infection

Kathleen1994

Pregnant - 2nd trimester
Reaction score
I don't know if i can post this here but i couldn't find any other section...
In september i got pregnant and in november i had a miscarriage and i had a biopsy done for abnormal cells and they told me i had yeast infection i was put on antibiotics. but they didn't work and ever since november i've been put on antibiotics and it will not go away, i've been tested and everything is normal with me.. is there anything i can take to help??

Antibiotics can make yeast worse. :( They destroy the good bacteria in the gut, and when there is an imbalance there, yeast (candida) grow and then your whole body is susceptible to yeast infections. :( If I were you, I'd take some intensive probiotics to rebuild that good flora in your body. I'd also avoid antibiotics again for as long as you can, because from now on you will be a lot more sensitive to imbalances.

I would also advise using something like Canesten to help soothe and get rid of the Thrush. And it's a product mostly used in the UK, but I think you could probably order it Wright's Coal Tar Soap. I used it to keep thrush away, it doesn't smell brilliant but it does the job!

I would also advise using something like Canesten to help soothe and get rid of the Thrush. And it's a product mostly used in the UK, but I think you could probably order it Wright's Coal Tar Soap. I used it to keep thrush away, it doesn't smell brilliant but it does the job!
it's not trush it's inside my private part and it gets annoying when i try to BD with boyfriend.. cause i get the burning, itching, needing to pee.. this is just a nightmare for me i've had it for about a year now

That sounds more like cystitis than thrush. Although I'm sure a yeast infection is just another name for thrush?
If it is definitely a yeast infection and its inside, you can buy pessaries instead.

That sounds more like cystitis than thrush. Although I'm sure a yeast infection is just another name for thrush?
If it is definitely a yeast infection and its inside, you can buy pessaries instead.
lol sorry idk much information.. all i know is that i want to get rid of it ASAP and i was told when i got the biopsy done and took antibiotics and it didn't go away in january went away for a week came back and i've taken the metronidazole,canesten cream and these pills to insert vaginally.. going to get some more tomorrow is there anything i should get at the pharmacy for my ph balance to go back to normal???

Really bizarre! Could they have been treating two things at once? I don't think they'd give you antibiotics for a yeast infection, it makes it far worse.
The things they have given you are most of the things I'd reccommend, you're best to go back to your doctor and ask what else they can do. :hugs:

Really bizarre! Could they have been treating two things at once? I don't think they'd give you antibiotics for a yeast infection, it makes it far worse.
The things they have given you are most of the things I'd reccommend, you're best to go back to your doctor and ask what else they can do. :hugs:

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->