You have a choice.....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
I just posted this on my Facebook page and I wanted to share here too because I thought other's not following me would enjoy it.

This powerful video isn't advocating for a specific birth location over others (the mums in the film have given birth at birth centres, hospitals, and at home) but for the importance of exploring your options and making an informed, empowered choice about your birth.

You have choices video

This almost made me cry. My favourite thing was that it was American for a change. I always hear of the choices women in the UK have and realized how blessed I am to be here. But get scared to move back to the states and lose all my lovely rights and choices. This gives me confidence that I won't have to. I also shared it on facebook. I hope I don't get too many weird looks, lol.

That is amazing!!!!

I'm all about CHOICE, independance, freewill and an individuals' rights to be an individual.
xxx

p.s I'm going to nick the link if that is alright to post up on a poll i'm doing in the second tri on where ladies plan to give birth - I'm trying to highlight the choices women can make about there births.
(https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/507813-you-planning-having-your-baby.html)

That was really interesting to watch, I'm glad I was left on my own while I was in labour now-I think because she was breech they would've kept me on my back being monitored constantly. I couldn't have coped with that as being on all fours was the only thing that helped with the contractions and I might've asked for an epidural, something I really didn't want! I didn't really think I was in labour so just did what I felt like doing!

She an undiagnosed breech then? How lovely you got to deliver her yourself without interference x

She an undiagnosed breech then? How lovely you got to deliver her yourself without interference x

We knew she was breech and I was booked for a c-section but went into labour 3 days before. I was admitted but the MWs left me to it as my contractions never got more than 7 mins apart so I was on my own until my waters broke, by which point I was fully dilated. Spent 4 hours on all fours in the ward shower room!

:shock: Ah well it kind of worked out pretty well for you then!! x

An interesting birth documentary from an international radio station in America
https://www.thinairmedia.org/mp3/BIRTH.mp3
It is an hour long - so make a cup of tea.
xx

This almost made me cry. My favourite thing was that it was American for a change. I always hear of the choices women in the UK have and realized how blessed I am to be here. But get scared to move back to the states and lose all my lovely rights and choices. This gives me confidence that I won't have to. I also shared it on facebook. I hope I don't get too many weird looks, lol.

Hey Jenni, I know how you feel! We are having our first in the UK but plan on moving back to Missouri in a couple of years to be closer to my family. Plus my hubby is desperate to live 'the American Dream'

Really hope we can get another in before we go back because there definitely doesn't seem to be as much support for home births and alternative stuff at home. Good luck!

Just noticed your avatar is an Intelligender and the colour is EXACTLY the same as the one I did was......it said boy and guess what.....I had a
GIRL! :lol:

Just noticed your avatar is an Intelligender and the colour is EXACTLY the same as the one I did was......it said boy and guess what.....I had a
GIRL! :lol:

Yeah, we're going to get a gender scan next month to check out which one it is! Though so far all the tests agree with each other - Intelligender, placenta test and chinese gender chart all said boy. :shrug:

I really like it. The beginning made me cry when the nurse was talking how her typical day went. That is how my birth went (not everything, but most things) in the hospital and it sucked. I was not a human I was a process and because of those intervention I had complications after birth, my baby was on oxygen, and I had PPD that lasted a year. Never again will I give my choices to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->