You Look Delicious...Triplet Biting

WTBmyBFP

Mom to Triplet Girls!!
Reaction score
One of my girls thinks she should bite for everything. Every funny look, sound of discontent, toy taken, space not available, for anything her sisters do or do not do she tries to bite.

When I catch her she gets a stern "no" [-X and a little smack :dohh: (enough to know it isn't right), but we still find bite marks on her sisters' arms almost daily. Does anyone have any useful advice for me on this subject?

We've also tried separating her, but I don't know if we are in reality giving her more attention via punishments and making the problem worse.

(note, i won't be biting back, nor will I pull her teeth out....not that anyone would really do that, but hey, covering my bases):haha:

I am curious to see what others recommend.. My DH and I were both biters when we were babies and both of our parents said they bit us both back LOL

I dont think I am scarred from it but I also dont think I could do it either.

Both my twins bite each other. Have done for almost a year. They seem to go through phases like we will go weeks without an incident then they will start up again.
It's mostly my boy twin who does it now.
The only thing I can really do now is not leave them alone and always have them in my sights and watch for the biting cues and when either goes in to take a bite I jump in and say no and stop it before it happens.
Of course I don't always catch it in time and he got her a good one the other day when I was in the toilet :( but I do manage to stop alot of them. I wont bite my kids either and nothing else had really worked.
Probably not much help haha ill be following for others suggestions :p

Stalking cos I have a biter too.

My smaller twin bites her sister when she gets frustrated (normally over a toy or she wants to occupy the space her sister is in). Mostly she just catches the clothes on her arm so no harm done, but she did bite her face quite badly a few months back it left a bruise with visble teeth marks! :wacko:

ATM I just say "no biting" quite sternly and try and seperate them. Dunno what else to do yet as I don't think they are realising that their actions can hurt people yet.
It happens more when teething is going on too.

Not sure how old your triplets are, but could it be possible to give them a teether toy or something that they are allowed to bite on when they feel the urge?

This is a common stage in young toddlers as they are still teething and also when they are frustrated as their words don't come out properly and they get mad and to show that they are mad, they act on it.

I'm not sure anything has been proven to work on all children, but I do know some tricks worth trying (or not! your choice ;)) such as:
Teething toy
Pacifier (if age appropriate; don't introduce for this purpose only)
Food
Being separated and firmly told "NO BITING!"
Loudly say "ouch! biting hurts!"
Pretend to cry, to show them that it really hurts.
Read the book "teeth are not for biting"
Biting back (altho you said no to this, it has been proven to work on some kids)

Otherwise just watch them 24/7 don't ever leave them alone for a split second and stop the biting before it happens by reading their cues...Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->