young marmalade car scheme?

twilightgeek

1 angel
Reaction score
Anyone hear of or had experience of young marmalade for yourselves or friends that have gone down this route? :) would seriously appreciate reviews...advice etc :) taking into consideration i'm 20 and i cannot pay £3000+ for insurance whilst still saving for a bubs ;) Thanks!

https://www.youngmarmalade.co.uk/

i had a look at it and cant really see what the point is tbh

they sell cars on finance which obviously costs more than cash, but they give you cashback towards insurance :shrug:

i would bet there are better deals going from other places (finance or otherwise) that would save you just as much

Don't do it - my friend did it & went 30,000 miles over the allowed allowance.. he had to sell his car to another dealer to stop young marmelade charging him for them miles

Cx

I would recommend buying a cheaper car with the lowest cc possible and shop around for insurance, such as tesco etc. while you build up your no claims. Also look into monthly payments, yes you pay around 5-10% more but it maybe more affordable. Finally I know done insurance companies offer insurance by how much you use the car, so if you aren't out late at night etc. it could be cheaper.

Don't do it, get a notmal annual policy and instead of paying huge APR on monthly payments try and see if you can get a credit card with 0% to pay the whole lot off in full. Then just pay that off monthly over the duration of the policy. If you can't get a 0% card, i'd still stick with a normal insurance company, not one that tracks every move you make.

My SIL got it when she was 17, she rushed into it because at the time it included your insurance. She was paying £170 a month for a punto. The insurance is only for the first year which she didnt realise and she has ended up paying £170 for 5 years about £5000 more than the car would have been worth. she tried to get out of it last year by part exing to clear the finance but the finance was worth more than the car. It has been a but if a nightmare for her. luckily the car has been really reliable and not cost her hardly anything extra..... touch wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->