Young & ttc.

Will I read your other post, and you chose to have a baby when your husband didn't. I'm not judging you. You do have time. I get not wanting to wait. I do. All people are trying to say, is patience girl. Unfortunately some of us have to be patient while others get pregnant easily
Its nit far. Its not our choice. I hope it works out for you soon. I do. I don't care if your 21. I started wanting a baby at 21. Waited tell 27 to try for a baby. Don't give up hope!

I'm 35 (DH is 37) and I actually kinda get where you're coming from. Even at my age, my SIL (who conceived age 46 after 5 years of treatment) and my half - sister keep saying that I'm young too and that it'll happen soon despite the fact I've been trying for 11 cycles:dohh:

I think people are saying these things to you to comfort you with that you have age on your side ( which is very true in your case, much less so in mine). But it's no comfort, it's actually pretty annoying that just because you aren't pushing 40, people tell you this. I don't think they're questioning your desire or your suitability, they're just trying to tell you to relax (another annoying favorite thing people say) because you have many fertile years ahead of you.

That being said, I don't get why your doctor isn't willing to get you and your DH checked out to make sure everything is ok:shrug: Can you try asking your doctor if your DH can get a semen analysis? Surely with his age it isn't silly to ask for that. Even my incompetent, unhelpful doctor agreed to sending my 37 year old DH for an analysis.

Maybe you could also consider asking another doctor? Maybe try finding one who takes your concerns more seriously.

Good luck and I hope you soon get your :bfp: :dust:

I agree with charmed16 - I read your other thread as well. And it seems like you are getting really fired up here because women on that thread are telling you to wait until your DH is 100% on board with TTC.

Which doesn't go over well here - or on any other TTC board.

At 21, you DO have time....we know you want a baby RIGHT NOW...but so does every other women on this board. If it were that easy the TTC boards wouldn't exist. In reality, we all have time. At 32, I've heard that too. So what?!?!

You've got to let other people's comments just roll off your back and not upset you so much. Once you do get pregnant and have a baby you will find everyone under the sun has an opinion on everything.

I think you need to take a step back from TTC and have a talk with your DH. Work TOGETHER to find a TTC date that you can both get behind. Now is the time to be patient. I had to wait a year before my OH was fully on board. I'm glad I did...TTC is a bumpy ride that is a LOT easier to handle when you have a partner who is on the same page as you.

Wanted to note also - it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive, you only have a 20% chance each cycle. I wouldn't be so quick to self diagnose. There is likely nothing wrong with you, irregular cycles =/= infertility or that you are not ovulating.

Why don't you take this time to sign up with fertility friend and watch there tutorials, learn about your cycle. I also suggest watching "The Great Sperm Race" on youtube, it really opened my eyes.

There are days where I definitely agree with the frustration of "you're young...". I'm 20. But thankfully I've got my mom who understands and that helps a ton! Good luck girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->