Your Baby Registry

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi all!
I thought this might be a bit of fun. Write down your real or imagined baby registry, a list of things you'd buy or ask for if you still had to get everything for baby. This is my third so a lot of mine are things we already have or don't need because we have something similar. But I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone else's must-haves are and might even help some first time mum's with their shopping lists.

Here's mine:

Pram: Graco Evo (if money was no object, it'd be the Uppababy Vista)
Car seat: Kiddy Evo-Lunafix
Carriers: Moby wrap and Manduca carrier
Bed: Side sleeper, attached to our bed
Monitor: BT 350 Lightshow
Place for daytime naps: Tiny Love Rocker Napper
Feeding accessories: Glider, Boppy pillow, nipple cream
Newborn clothes: M&S vests, Next sleepsuits, Jojo Maman Bebe Polarfleece Pram-suit

Somehow I'm sure my list was longer first time around...

I am a bit rubbish really, i have not really got a dream list... Like yours though x

Baking #2 & 3 so we have lots of stuff already. Of my list of must haves with DD these were the ultimate best-ever items that made life super easy:thumbup:

uppa baby vista comes with bassinette. At 10 months we still use the bassinette to cart her everywhere. Her toys & snacks go on the top, when she falls asleep we can lay her right down. Attachable skate board for when the twins are still small and DD wants to walk. Love it!

Pura Kiki bottles (stainless steel with interchangeable lids) Now I won't even bother with plastic, these heat in 30 seconds under the tap and in 10 months we went from slow sipper to fast sipper to sippy cup lids. We only have 3 small ones and 2 big ones and that's all I think we'll need.

Tommee Tippee steamer (biggest capacity on the market). One click, 2 minutes and your bottles, pacifiers, toys are steamed clean.

Swing front/back & sideways. Get one that plugs in. We had many many meal times while baby took a swing. Life saver!

Sleep wedge, our baby was a side sleeper, this wedge has blocks on either side that allowed us to keep her in one position while she was on her side. Experts say every baby should sleep on their back. Well tell that to any parent of a screaming infant who refuses to sleep on their back! On day 3 she was rolling over during the infant photo session, photographer had quite a time posing her on her back!

diapers with the wetness indicator. We did cloth but used these for outings. BIG mistake to by any other brand. Want to know why they're crying? Check if the yellow band has turned blue, so easy!

Spectra S2 breast pump. Helped my milk come in and stay in. Didn't ever get infections or blockages as long as I used it twice/day. Fastest, most quiet hospital grade milk pump on the market. Beats the medella as it's faster, quieter and easier to clean. Regular $350 but we got ours new off ebay for $89.

Everything else is fluff and we could easily do without. These were our main functioning baby items. Most favourite brands of infant girl clothing: Matilda Jane, babyGap, Zara, Tate & Tucker (Nordstroms), Rare Editions, Janie and Jack, Persnickety, and Naartjie. Also Northface do nice little bunting suites for Canadian winters.

I have nearly everything we need still from our first two children but I would still love to get:

- a sleepy head for baby to sleep in during day and to eventually put in the cot at night
- a side sleeper cot for when baby is tiny
- a new woven wrap as I had a beautiful lenny lamb one for my daughter but sold it once I stopped using it
- a tripp trapp newborn seat as again I sold this once my daughter outgrew it
- some size 1/newborn cloth nappies as also sold these last time around

I'm sure there are probably a few other bits I could use too but not much I truly need!

Oh and based on the sleep seminars we went to we got one Jellycat stuffy and a soft blanket for her crib. That's the only toy she doesn't get to play with inbetween sleeps. When we bring it out along with the blanket it queues her up that it's bedtime. I guess this method works well for travel as well when kids have to deal with jetlag and changing timezones. Bring the bedtime stuffy and pull it out when it's time to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->