Your baby's size at 3 or 4 months - UPDATE Pg 2

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondered about the size of your baby at the 3 or 4 month stage. I have no other babys to compare her to as my sisters kids are all older and they can't remember! I thought about doing a poll, but too much info is required.

So at 3 month or 4 month check up, what length, weight and maybe even head circumference was your baby?

Thanks mums xx

hey hunni :)

ive got mine on monday but he is in 6-9 months sleepsuits and moving into that size clothes too. and at 9 weeks old he was 14lb 2oz so god knows how big he will be now but he is VERY VERY long :) xxxx

Hiya Ema, you're looking fab girl! And Jacob, a proper handsome chap!!

Well Gabbi is 3 1/2 months just going into 3 - 6 months clothes (sleepsuits), but most of her 3 - 6 month clothes are too big.

Birth weight was 3.060 kgs or 6 lb 7 oz, 48 cm long

On the 17th December (3 months) she was:

Length - 56 cm
Head circ - 37 cm
Weight - 6.4 kgs, 14lbs 1oz

(previous month, l - 55 cm, head - 36 cm, w - 5.4 kgs)

Thanks Ema

Lola is 3 1/2 months and also just moved to 3-5 clothes,even though I sometimes still put her in 0-3 sleepsuits,depends on the brand.

She was born 6lbs 20oz - 3 kg 280 g and 19 inches long - 49 cm
Now she is 12 lbs 15 oz - 5 kg 800 g and 23 inches - 58 cm

I don't know yet, will be taking Elliot in to be weighed next week so will find out then. He's long, but not very wide around the waist-clothes can be loose on waist but be ok in length. He was nearing on 14 pounds last time (about 4 weeks ago now)-he was only 6lb 8oz at birth though.

keely.

kaitlyn last weighed in at 13lbs 1 ozs and is in size 3-6 months clothes, it was just before christmas i got her weighed, her birth weight was 7lbs 6ozs.

Milena's always been very little for her age, she consistently has followed the 3rd percentile curve. At 4 months she was 10 pounds 5 ounces (4.68 kilograms) and just starting to fit into 0-3 month clothes.

I'm looking at their books...

Hayden at 2mo was 12lbs 12oz and 23 3/4in long and then at 4mo was 15lbs 12oz 25 1/2in long and 16 1/2 head. We don't have 3mo checkups so those are the 2 I have

I don't have Landon's due to insurance problems at the time

And Casen at 2mo was 12lbs and 23in and then at almost 5mo was 16lbs 6oz and 24in

Thanks girls. It's interesting for me to see how your babys are getting on, I know Gabbi is on track and I thank you all for letting me know. Think we will be going to the Pedi doc next week and she will weigh and measure her there, she's so much better than the local docs.

Jacob is 13 weeks, 15lbs 10 and 63cms.

I looked at his sisters book she was 13.10 at 14 weeks.

Long as theyre happy and well i think the charts are taken a bit too seriously at times. x

Morning everyone

(SURPRISING UPDATE BELOW!!)

Well Gabbi went for her check up yesterday, she is just over 4 months old now.

She is:

Weight - 7.4 kgs or 16 lbs 3oz (at 3 months she was 6.4kgs)
(We think that she is a little less as they have old fashioned scales and they kept moving and not right. We think she's more like 7.2 kgs - 15 lbs 9 oz)

Length - 57 cm (at 3 months she was 56cm) (UPDATE BELOW!!!!!)

Head circ - 39 cm (at 3 months she was 37 cm)

If these measurements are right then she has put on 1 kgs in 1 month (it's been 1 kg each month), grown 1 cm and head circ has grown 2 cms. How does this sound to everyone?

According to the percentile chart, weight she is 95 and length she has gone down, lower than 5!!!! Her length has been 25, 25, 10 now less than 5, do you think she's growing ok?

She's great, rolled over once, when on her stomach, she moves around, literally turns, laughs, whinges, sleeps eats, she is ok I think :)

Both OH and doc got a little annoyed with the old nurse (not juts old but old fashioned), she was saying Gabbi is too white (all Bulgarian babies have olive skin, but Gabbi is only half Bulgarian!), she has marks under her eyes which could indicate a problem (both me, my mum and Gabbi's BULGARIAN sister has them), she got the doc and he said it was nothing as he also saw I had them, he just smiled. Then she went on to say she needed her hips checking. By this time OH was a little annoyed, he said we went last month after you told us to!!!! Doc said, just do what I ask you to do and no more!! Oh went on to say we have books, family with babies, I am member of this forum and chat with other mums and Gabbi is healthy and perfect and nothing wrong with her. She shut up then. I am waiting to hear from my friend to find out which doc she uses as I don't want to go this one anymore!!!

Gabbi did have her first injection, Hep B. She cried for about 30 secs, whineged for 2 mins and was fine. I was so proud of my little cheeky monkey.

So, how are your 3,4 or 5 month babies getting on?

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Normally me and OH measure Gabbi when we get home, forgot yesterday. We have just emasured her and she is .........................................

62 cms long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 5 cms longer than the nurse said! That's it, settled, we are changing docs!! I wouldn't mind but she did it twice! So her length percentile is 50, that's a little better than less than 5!

Now last month, when they said 56 cms, she was probably wrong with that, I measured her and was sure she was longer but she was wriggling that much I couldn't 100% confirm it.

hi again- i got elliot weighed last week (17 weeks) and he was 14lbs 15oz! so doing well! they never do the length though, ive just swapped gp's so hopefully new hv will check how long he is for me!

ps he was 6lb 8oz at birth, so doing well for him lol.

Thanks for the info girls

I'm charting her progress on one of these Percentile charts, just for fun but it is interesting to see her growth. It's also for nanna to look at when she comes visiting again!

Helena is around 16 pounds and over 25 inches long. She was born & pounds 6 ounces and 21 inches long. I get her 4 month weigh in next week so I will have more exact numbers then but I have a big long baby! She is in 6 month sleepers.

Tristan is 15 weeks old now and I had him weighed today. He is 15lb and 6 and a half oz. I had him measured last week at 14 weeks and he was 63cm. He was quite big at birth though (nearly 10 pounds and 53cm)!

Fin was 14lb 9 bout 2 weeks ago. So at about three months. x

Daisy is 4 months old and was weighed last week and she is 14lb 12oz,she was 6lb 11oz at birth.
she is in 3-6 month clothes but she has really long legs, she really looks quite petite and dainty when you see her but so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->