Your baby's weight gain 0-4 weeks

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Ok, I know it's something else for me to obsess over, but I'm curious as to what other babies weight gain is like. I know it varies wildly and depends on if they are FF or BF.

Does anyone know their baby's weight?

Niamh:

birth: 7lbs 11.5 oz
week 1: 7lbs 5oz
week 2: 8lbs 2oz
weeks 3: 8lbs
week 4: 8lbs 4oz

Niamh is in the 2nd percentile, so still ok as she's not in the red.

I know weight isn't a good thing to look at too in depth but I can't help it at the minute.

Are you looking at the up down up down?

You prob read I don't do the weighing but she did have a few in the first handful of weeks and Caitlin also went birth to same to lower to a good add to a little lower and up again :dohh: lol

I'm not going to be much help, Hannah gained a pound and a half in the first four weeks. But all babies are different!

I think I'm more interested in why she weighs so little and why theres no good weight gain. Well at least thats what the MW and HV are concerned with. I know the birth-week1 weight loss is normal. They just tell me she's not gained enough and weighs too little.

Still, she gained between week 3-4, which is great :)

Caitlins never been a chubby baby I was gutted about that actually :rofl: shes gained weight slowly at her pace is healthy happy ....

Born 7lb at 8 month check she was 17/18 or something and I see some people say their babies are that weight or close at half her age :D

Hannah was one of the bigger babies born in July I believe but she weighs less than several of them. I guess I never really paid close attention to it, as long as she gains at a steady rate I'm pretty happy. I swear it all goes to her feet because she isn't chubby (yet) :lol:

Come to think of it she did have a month where she gained only .5 pounds but made up for it the next month

I wouldn't look too much into it hun. Mum told me I was always in the 3rd percentile for weight gain and the mw's were concerned... Her solution? Not get me weighed anymore :) Mums know best

Jasmine was ff, bm for the first 2 weeks too... She was 6lbs 1 oz at birth and at her 1 month was 8lbs 5 oz. She never has fluctuated in weight. I believe they are supposed to gain half a pound a week.

half a pound a week makes sense, and I think one of the MWs told me that also. So half a pound in 4 weeks isn't great, but hopefully we're over the stage of her losing weight.

She's feeding loads too. Often she'll BF for 45mins-1hour without stopping and need a formula top up, so there's not much else I can do really. I'm BFing on demand too.

give it time... I would take her in and get her weighed every few days to make sure she isn't loosing more.

:hug:

I think as long as she is eating well and wetting her diapers you are ok, but if you are ever worried, it is never a bad idea to go to the doctor just to put your mind at ease. I think it sounds fine. I had a giant baby, started at 9 lbs 6 oz so was always over the 95% until he was about 1 1/2, so I'm not the best person to ask :D

23/12/08 8lb 6oz
27/12/08 8lb 4oz
02/01/09 8lb 12oz
21/01/09 10lb 6.5oz

Annabelle weighed 7lb 9oz born, she lost a little too much to begin with i didnt get her weighed until 6 weeks due to christmas and clinic being closed at 6 weeks she weighed 10lb 1oz

Lou
xxx

Lola was born 6lbs 20oz and lost a bit in the first week but then gained 2 in the following 2 weeks.
She is currently a bit under the scale at only 15% so I have to say I'm a bit worried but hopefully she'll gain it back when weaning starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->