Your best gift wrapping ideas please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the why bird

Reaction score
I like to make a real effort with gift wrapping to make it extra special. My dad's gift is in a massive cardboard box - way too wide for single rolls of wrapping paper or brown paper. Any creative ideas how I can make it look awesome?

Also I got my mum a vintage necklace but it doesn't come in a box. Any unique ideas for wrapping or should I just order a jewelery display box off ebay and wrap that?

I'm also open to any and all ideas about making wrapping that's fun or unusual or misleading as to the contents!

Thank you Christmas Elves.

Your Mums I would probably just order a box and wrap it in that, Or even one of those little velvet pouches but that would be harder to wrap.
Your Dads I'm not so sure. Could you wrap half and half and hide the join in the paper with a ribbon?

I have a 'misleading wrapping' story. My Dad always used to get me to wrap my Mum's present from him, and one year he decided to have a bit of fun. He bought her some lovely gold earrings, and one of those small boxes of Roses. He got me to carefully open the sweets, put the earrings inside, close it so it still looked sealed, and wrap the box of chocolates. It's obviously a very distinctive shaped box, so as soon as Mum saw the present she knew what it was. She opened it and tried not to look disappointed. Took ages of me pestering her for a chocolate before she opened it and found her real present! With hindsight, it was perhaps a bit mean, but she did see the funny side and loved the earrings. Think that kind of thing depends on the recipient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"