• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your experience of getting induced

Jft1

Reaction score
I'm going in tomorrow for an induction due to slow growth and reduced movement. I'm completely clueless and would love to hear how your induction went rather than me googling it and reading horror stories!!

You already know how bloody happy I am for you that this is going ahead! When i was induced it was a fab experience, they Inserted a pessary into the cervix, started contracting almost instantly and things ramped up quite quickly from there on, got stuck on 4cms but once my waters were broke I shot to 10cms and baby was out in one push! I have nothing but good things to say about an induction and I'm hoping it goes the same way for you, nice and quick! Overall labour - 2hrs20mins. I know it can take much longer for the induction process but once you get going theres no looking back! Cant believe your having your baby before me! :rofl: I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!! Either way I'm looking forward to a lovely baby picture on WhatsApp in the coming days ;) I'll be thinking of you my love <3

I don't have any experience sorry but just wanted to say Yay and good luck! :)

Was 3cm. 40wks. Started a half dose of pitocin at 7am. Upped every 1/2hr. Started pushing at 9pm. Born at 933pm.

No issues. No problems

You already know how bloody happy I am for you that this is going ahead! When i was induced it was a fab experience, they Inserted a pessary into the cervix, started contracting almost instantly and things ramped up quite quickly from there on, got stuck on 4cms but once my waters were broke I shot to 10cms and baby was out in one push! I have nothing but good things to say about an induction and I'm hoping it goes the same way for you, nice and quick! Overall labour - 2hrs20mins. I know it can take much longer for the induction process but once you get going theres no looking back! Cant believe your having your baby before me! :rofl: I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!! Either way I'm looking forward to a lovely baby picture on WhatsApp in the coming days ;) I'll be thinking of you my love <3
I can't believe how quick yours was. I thought they'd insert it and nothing would happen and I'd need another dose in 6 hours. Hopefully mine goes as quickly as yours did hun!! Did they break your waters for you? I honestly don't know how I feel, you know how much I've been moaning recently but I'm now shitting myself haha :rofl: don't you worry, you'll be one of the first to get a photo <3

Omg how exciting!!!!
Good luck hun keep us posted.
My induction is Thursday and I’m terrified!! Xx

Induced with my 2nd but I was 41 weeks.

Cervidil was inserted at 8:30am. I was monitored for an hour then allowed to go home and phone in with updates every 3 hours.

Had the odd contraction through the day then they started getting more frequent at 2:00pm & by 4:20pm I was following the 5-1-1 rule. I called the nurse and she said to come get checked but to take my time and eat something before coming. Arrived at the hospital 5:00pm and had my son at 5:20pm.

So from pessary to birth was 9 hrs and the estimated my actual labour to be be 3hrs. It was quick and intense! Way more so than my 1st son who was natural.

I can't believe how quick yours was. I thought they'd insert it and nothing would happen and I'd need another dose in 6 hours. Hopefully mine goes as quickly as yours did hun!! Did they break your waters for you? I honestly don't know how I feel, you know how much I've been moaning recently but I'm now shitting myself haha :rofl: don't you worry, you'll be one of the first to get a photo <3

So did I! Trust me it took longer to get the midwife to examine me than the whole labour start to finish! They didn't believe me I was contracting straight away then finally examined me after trying to get me into a bath I lost my shit :rofl: yes hun they broke my waters! They've never gone on their own before so I've always been popped! Induction can take a while and can be extremely frustrating! But I'm hoping it goes nice and quick for you like mine did, no messing about just get baby out! And don't worry hun just think all the moaning we've done, your baby will finally be with you soon, you'll be fab hun and I'm so excited for you, extremely jealous but excited hahaha :rofl: x

@jft So excited for you today hun! I am praying for a healthy and speedy delivery for you! Inductions can be long or short, I hope yours is a shorter one. :) Mine was about 12 hours with my oldest. Good luck!! <3

Without giving too much away as it's not my story to tell, she's had the pessary and waiting for things to start! She's gonna smash this, I'm so excited for her <3

Good luck hon woohoo

Still no baby! 2nd pessary didn't do much. I had contractions since about 2am, so I was on painkillers. Got examined at 4:30am and I was 2cm dilated, but they didn't want to give me the 3rd pessary as I was still in a lot of pain and baby was sleepy with it all too. She did a membrane sweep and she was hoping the contractions would continue on their own and dilate me enough. But the contractions stopped so she gave me the 3rd pessary at 7:15am. So now I need to wait until 1:15pm and a doctor will examine me and see if they can break my waters. Just had my bloody show so hoping things are going in the right direction! Thanks for the support ladies. So ready to meet this baby now! X

Still no baby! 2nd pessary didn't do much. I had contractions since about 2am, so I was on painkillers. Got examined at 4:30am and I was 2cm dilated, but they didn't want to give me the 3rd pessary as I was still in a lot of pain and baby was sleepy with it all too. She did a membrane sweep and she was hoping the contractions would continue on their own and dilate me enough. But the contractions stopped so she gave me the 3rd pessary at 7:15am. So now I need to wait until 1:15pm and a doctor will examine me and see if they can break my waters. Just had my bloody show so hoping things are going in the right direction! Thanks for the support ladies. So ready to meet this baby now! X

Oh no hon so sorry. U must be so tired bless you.
Have the mentioned about the hormone drip?
Really hope the next time u get checked they can break ure waters.

Thinking of you sweety.
You got this
[-o&lt;<3:hug:

Oh no hon so sorry. U must be so tired bless you.
Have the mentioned about the hormone drip?
Really hope the next time u get checked they can break ure waters.

Thinking of you sweety.
You got this
[-o&lt;<3:hug:

Thank you! Yeah, they said once they break my waters they'll probably need to put me on the drip to get things going and ramp up the contractions. Praying they can break my waters and after that the process is quick <3

Thank you! Yeah, they said once they break my waters they'll probably need to put me on the drip to get things going and ramp up the contractions. Praying they can break my waters and after that the process is quick <3

I've got everything crossed for you hun <3

Hope things start speeding up for you and bubba is in your arms soon!

After a long labour, induction, epidural and forceps delivery, Alexander John Thomson was born at 04:05am 08/11/19 weighing 7lb 1oz. We're so in love <3

D08EDE27-B8CC-4827-9CC8-4C61D07A4875.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"