Your favourite natural cold remedy! Please share!!

allforthegirl

Mom of 5 boys
Reaction score
So instead of the dreaded morning sickness I have a nasty cold. It is getting worse everyday it seems. It has now moved into my chest. If it continues to get worse I will mention it at my Dr apt on Tues. For now I was wondering what you lovely ladies take or do for your colds? Any help would be grateful.

Stalking this thread - I just started getting a sore throat and head cold yesterday and I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow... First time being sick this whole pregnancy so I guess I should count myself lucky.

Hands down the absolute best thing for sore throats is chicken broth. Even a chicken stock cube in a mug of boiling water does the trick!

Well so far for a stuffy nose and sinuses it is a saline wash or steam, and LOTS of water. Then eating Vitamin rich foods. I have a giant pineapple I will have to cut into today!! For my itchy throat lozenges are what is recommended. Other wise ladies we get to suck it up and rest!!

Problem is I am going to have a very busy weekend! So I am sure things will get a little bit worse before better!!

Tylenol and nasal sprays (certain ones you can check online) are ok to take. Just make sure to watch your temperature. If you run a fever take tylenol to reduce the fever and call the doctor.

I know how you feel this is literally the worst cold iv had in a long time :(

Elderyberry, Ecinacea (sp?), and Vitamin C from Sambuguard. Best stuff ever! It even worked when i had laryngitis when nothing pharmaceutical did!

fresh squeezed lemon, hot water,honey. Yummy healthy drink

Elderberry, Umcka cough and cold syrup (LOVE it!!), capcasin nasal spray, and lots and lots of water! I was plagued with colds through this pregnancy in the winter!

All of these are wonderful ideas. Thank you all for sharing!!

I am feeling a bit better, but still sneezing the odd time, but at least I can breath now!! :thumbup:

Chicken noodle soup. Might be as much mental as physical, but it always makes me feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->