Your first AF after ERPC

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
What was it like?! I only ask because today is four weeks exactly since my ERPC and i woke up in an utterly foul mood. Had some light cramping mid morning and when i wiped had some pale brownish cm (sorry if TMI :blush: )

More light cramping this afternoon and more dark cm and quite a bit of it, so thought i'd better use a tampon in case AF turned up during our son's swimming lesson (just my luck) but when i took it out after swimming it was clear, and although i've had more light cramping, no more discharge of any kind.

My AF's don't normally have a slow run up, i just have a couple of days of being a grumpy cow, some cramping and then BAM full on AF, i normally wake up to her iykwim and have a normal to heavyish flow right from the outset and then it calms down a bit.

This feels a bit weird :wacko:

They did tell me to expect AF between 3 and 6 weeks later so i guess it could be the start of it.

Did anyone else have a weird or different AF after their ERPC? And have they stayed that way or was it just the 1st one?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :flower:

Hiya

I had my af 16 days after erpc... well i say that because thats what EPU said when i rang them :shrug:

Had my procedure on the 22nd Dec bled that day and for 10 days i spotted brownish blood, then had a 3 day break no bleeding at all just loads and loads of ewcm tinged with blood, then on 6th Jan i started with cramping and red blood with small clots, so just thought more bleeding 'great' but it got to 5th day then i rang EPU and asked..... they said sounds like your af because some women wont get a break from bleeding and go straight on to have their 1st af.

Wasnt too bad mainly light and odd days of cramping, im still spotting now on CD8 grrrrr

mine was the AF from hell to be honest, so heavy I had to go home and take up residence in the bathroom for a couple of hours. I'd never had an experince like that before in my life, they were usually quite tame and passed by with me just being a bit irritable for a few days.

They say your first AF after ERPC/D&C will be 'different' to any other you've had.

Poppy - I think I read somewhere that if you weren't clear of bleeding for x amount of days (something like 20) then it wasn't AF and probably still bleeding from the procedure. I'll see if I can find the article again ... but it was sometime ago now.

:hugs:

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/waitingforaf.htm

think this was the one, it's in the section 'A less normal, but still common ...'

Yep i said that to EPU regarding 20 days with no bleeding and she said some women will bleed/spot after procedure then stop for few days and bleed again like i did and told me it be my af?? that it happens to some women they dont get a break x dunno :shrug:

Thanks, Truly_Blessed, for that website. I'm currently waiting for my first period after my natural miscarriage over 6 weeks ago. For the last three days, I've had light cramping and a little brown cm discharge on and off when I wipe, but nothing that could be considered a period yet. I've been going crazy wanting my body to be normal again. It's so hard waiting. That website really put my mind at ease knowing that it could take longer than the 4-6 weeks I was expecting. (Not that I want it to take longer, but at least I'm not quite as worried.) My hcg didn't drop until around Dec. 30th when my blood test showed it was 3, so if your period doesn't start for a month after that, it could still be another two weeks before I get it. I hope that's the case and not that something's wrong. Thanks again for your post! By far, one of the most helpful for me yet.

Only time will tell Poppy I suppose. I remember when I was going through it and thinking every time it stopped and then started again, it was AF. Even when I actually got AF, it was the next cycle before I knew for sure that the previous one had been my first AF .. if you follow. I had d&c on 23rd Nov and it was 19th Jan before I got first AF and it was very heavy.

Glad I could help SilverFair. The doctor at EPU always said to me that my body would sort itself out and the best thing to do was leave it and give it time. I did get checked 3 or 4 times but she was right, even though it did take a while.

Hope both of you get things back to normal really soon. x

Thanks ladies.

Just wanted to update that AF turned up with a vengeance on Friday, i am half :happydance: and half :cry: as it's great to know things are getting back to normal but it's SO heavy and painful, i'm in agony. Got sent home early from my night shift on Saturday night/Sunday morning as i felt like i was dying :(

Looking forward to :witch: leaving town now.

:hugs: sweetie hope af goes soon for you xx

Im none the wiser with mine if its been or im having a light one :shrug: got positive opk saturday, temps gone up but im still spotting 27 days and counting :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->