Your insight is greatly wanted! (PCOS and infertility)

RainAngel

TTC #1 since 2005
Reaction score
Ok, so I know alot of ladies on here have been to fertility clinics, FS, etc, so maybe you help me out :)

10/10/11 I went to my ob. she immediately put me on metformin 1000mg, due to no period since 6/29 (the one before was 2/28, and the last one I remember before that was sept 29th 2010, which was believed to be my miscarriage), and told i have PCOS.

11/7/11 I had my smear, upped metformin to 1700mg, ultrasound ordered, prolactin and thyroid blood draws.

11/15/11 AF finds me

11/21/11 i go back, report AF said hello, and told to come back in 3 months.

12/10-15 i have a very lotion like CM (not alot, but creamy in color, and creamy in texture)

12/15 and 12/16 :bfn:

on 12/20 i have an ultrasound (provided I find a ride since my tie rod ends are busted!)

In Sept on the 7th and 21st and oct 5th I had spotting.

They aren't testing him because he's already got 5 kids from previous relationships.

Am I the only one thinking I should have had blood work and stuff done already? Like progesterone and the like? And is it normal to be diagnosed with PCOS without any type of testing?

I've been suggested to take EPO, H & C, and use PreSeed as I *never* have EWCM. What's your take on all this?

I'm getting very.. i dunno, down, about it all. I've been trying for 6 years, and I'd like to have my baby for i'm 30.

My take? I wouldn't be taking any drugs without actual proof that I need them. No period for such a long time is alarming, but I would have asked for bloodwork, scans and whatever else before taking any prescriptions.

It could be PCOS, but it could as well be something else.

thanks for your input!

the doctor stressed it could be very bad to just up and stop, but its apparently not working anyway, as I'm now 5 days "late"

You are absolutely right! You should get your blood tested and ultrasound. In my case they even did a vaginal ultrasound. Metformin and meds in general can be really harmful to your body if not needed! you should require all these tests done ASAP! GL

I've gotten my u/s scheduled (had to reschedule due to car and ride problems), and the only blood work she's ordered is prolactin and thyroid. I found out that prolactin can be my whole problem, too! Thank you for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->