Your natural grocery list?

17thy

<3
Reaction score
I'm going shopping at a whole foods market tonight and plan to continue this in the future, between that and the farmers market for veggies/fruits what do you have on your "natural" grocery list? Just trying to come up with a few ideas.

Also, what is the difference between regular milk and organic milk?

i tend to buy whole chickens instead of packs of breasts etc

spent last night cutting one up, and will get 5 meals out of it maybe more, plus the dog ate the carcass for his dinner (he's raw fed so chicken carcass makes up his staple diet)

i tend to buy from the local market and they stock what's in season.

fresh food tastes so much better

raw is totally fine, you don't see wild dogs, wolves, etc etc dropping down dead in their hundreds due to diet complications????

never give a dog a cooked bone thou as it can splinter as already said..... both my dogs are now on raw, puppy has been for over a yr now and is in perfect healthy, amazing teeth and a lot calmer than he was on commercial food

OT but ive heard a raw food diet is better for dogs, my friend who breeds pugs swears by it. they have eggs and everything ?! i love the sound of it, so much easier. A bit like BLW but for animals ;)

x

OT but ive heard a raw food diet is better for dogs, my friend who breeds pugs swears by it. they have eggs and everything ?! i love the sound of it, so much easier. A bit like BLW but for animals ;)

x

BLW for animals i had never thought of it like that.... it's the most natural diet for them, low in sugar, no preservatives, infact my dogs are on free range, and most the time organic, they eat better than i do!! and it is so much cheaper than any other food i have looked at!

---

enjoy your shopping trip OP, let us know what u get

I usually stock up on staples that can easily be turned into meals: rice, beans and lentils, flour, cornmeal, etc. It's cheaper this way as most organic ready-meal type things tend to be expensive. Herbs and spices are usually cheaper to buy in bulk, too. Occasionally I'll buy the ingredients to mix up my own muesli but I haven't done that in a while! That and a few other odds and ends like dishwashing liquid and bath soap. I am so lucky to have an organic foods co-op just up the road, they sell local produce in season for next to nothing. Really spoiled here!

Organic dairy doesn't have the antibiotics and growth hormones that are fed to regular dairy cattle. Also the cattle need to have a more specific diet, I believe. I buy organic milk and yogurt but finding organic meat can be harder, I admit. We don't eat a lot of meat, though. Happy shopping!

x

BLW for animals i had never thought of it like that.... it's the most natural diet for them, low in sugar, no preservatives, infact my dogs are on free range, and most the time organic, they eat better than i do!! and it is so much cheaper than any other food i have looked at!

---

enjoy your shopping trip OP, let us know what u get

Personally I don't know about it being cheaper. I've gone both routes. And I can tell you a $10 bag of dog food lasts a hell of a lot longer than $10 of raw food for the dogs.

Anyway lol.

I got several fruits, kiwi, plums, tomatoes, bananas, pasta, milk, all organic. I've had a couple of the fruits and my god they are awesome. The milk is for my daughter, she's been having stomach issues and I think the switch to organic will help.

I wish I could afford to buy the meat, it looked amazing but sadly my $50/week grocery budget just won't cut it so I had to finish my shopping at walmart. At least I got all the fruits and milk organically, no matter what I plan to continue that.

i wouldn't give my dog a £10 bag of dog food, its full of crap..... its shocking what some companies put into dog food the only ones i would be happy to feed are, Burns, fish4dogs and orijen. all of which are at least £50/15kg bag.

homemade muesli ohh i need a recipe for that

Yeah ive not seen a £10 dog food bag before :lol:

Ive been to the supermarket in london that is run by the public... its odd :lol:

I'm personally more worried about my husband, mine and my daughter's eating habits than my dogs. They are perfectly healthy (got the same exact comments from the vet when on raw food, and when on commercial food).

And I just bought a $10 bag of dog food last night.... not saying it's the best thing ever to feed your dog, just saying feeding them a raw food diet is nowhere near as cheap.

have you considered this? https://www.localharvest.org/csa/ you can base your meal around it

homemade muesli ohh i need a recipe for that

I just buy oats, wheat flakes, some nuts, raisin, coconut and what have you and mix them all together. I love customizing my own cereal! Hmm, making me hungry now lol.

Lentils - nice and filling, and not a tax on the planets resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->