Your opinions on medication to keep baby where he is a little longer....

ljb1

Married - First time preg
Reaction score
I'm 32 wks and hoping for as natural birth as poss. Last night I had some bleeding and uterine irritation (in the words of the doctor) which basically meant my uterus was tightening. They are unsure if this is the start of Preterm labour and prescribed me Cocodomol to relax my muscles. They also gave me steroids to mature babies lungs incase he does make an early appearance. I'm unsure about taking the cocodomol because it's such a strong drug going into my little man but know it will be best for him to stay where he i/s as long as poss. Anyone had similar experiences or want to offer an opinion?

I'm no medic but I dont think co-codamol is a muscle relaxer, it's just paracetamol and codine and they are just pain killers.

I'm not sure what that medication is, but I had to get a shot of something to stop labor with my second. I had real bad back pains and was prescribed Tylenol 3 (acetaminophen and codeine) which caused such bad stomach cramps that it sent me into labor at around 34 weeks. If you are really worried, though, talk to your doctor. Ask exactly what is in that medication and how it can affect the little one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->