Your opinions please...

fairy_gem

Reaction score
Hi,

DH and I have been finalising our name list, we have chosen four of each just in case! we like to be prepared, teehee! and yes we are still ttc not pregnant yet, but it keeps my hopes up doing this! :). We have two lists, family names as first names and non-family ones, we can't decide which way to go, which list do you prefer?. Would love to hear your opinions, cos its fun and i know how much i love looking at baby name posts!. We are just stuck on a 4th girls name and a 3rd and 4th boys name, any ideas?. Middle names will all be family ones whichever list we go with. We like names that can be shortened for a nickname, or lenghtened, i:e: Grace to Gracie.

Here are our lists:

FAMILY: (In preference order)

Girls:

Florence (Flori)
Alexis (Lexi)
Edith (Edie)
Lillian/Lilliana (Lilly)

Boys:

Edward (Ned)
Tudor (Tu)
William (Will)
George (Georgie)

NON-FAMILY: (In preference order)

Girls:

Bethany (Beth/Bethie)
Imogene (Imi)
Grace (Gracie)
?

Boys:

Sebastian (Seb)
Lucas (Luke)
?
?

Thanks x

I like Florence, Edith and Bethany from your girls lists and all of your boys name but leaning more towards your family boys names (I particularly like Edward and Tudor)

I love Grace for a girl, Gracie is so cute! And i love George and Lucas for a boy :) x

I love Lilly... prefer Lilliana which would still be a nice honor to your family member named Lillian

Also really like the name Alexis, nn Lexi -- so classic, feminine, & pretty!

Out of the boy names i think William is nice... Will is on ok nickname... but i prefer "Liam" as a nickname for William...

Also like the name Sebastian, but not "Seb"

My vote is for Lilliana or Alexis... & William

:dust: Fingers crossed for ya!

Mommytammy - I'm not overly keen on Lillian either but love Lilly, but as its family it made the list, however i LOVE Lilliana....thank you so much!

x

Its funny because my DH's family (his dad's side) has French blood, his great-grandparents were French, so our surname is French. Alexis is actually DH's great-great grandfathers name, but we like it better as a girls name.

x

Personally I prefer your non-family list as a whole, but some of the family girls names are gorgeous too x

Lilliana, Grace and Imogen (in that order) for girls, and boys George, Lucas (prefer Luca) and William. I also really like Edward but with the nickname Ted/Teddy. Some great names :thumbup:. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->