your out and about nappy?

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
does anybody have a preferred nappy for days out?

i've got flips and thinking these will be best used for trips out as they take up less space, plus the prefolds. the teenyfits seem very very bulky to pack into a bag

so whats you nappy for taking out?

I tend to put a bamboo fitted and wrap on LO to go out in, but have a Flip in the bag in case she needs changing, or sometimes an Easyfit. The Teenyfits are about the same size as a Flip folded in half aren't they?

i find with the flip i can de construct them and fit them in easier than the teeny fit....

roll on the delivery of my new changing bags, i've just been a very very naughty girl

I used to always take bambootys out because they are small and also have nice patterns, but I don't use them much any more so now it's usually an itti bitti boo and a wrap which I know will last a long time.

I quite often do pack some wraps and some flips inserts (I use organics plus bamboo booster in a insert sock, or else the microfibre plus bamboo booster) and plan to change the inserts and re-use the wraps but I dunno why it never works out whn we're out and about.... works at home.

The best tip is not to take too many nappies out with you. I quite often have 3 plus a fresh one on when we pop out, but being realistic that is a whole day's worth for us from waking to bedtime so it's unlikely I'll need that for a shopping trip!

I usually put LO in a Thirsties duo wrap with a stay dry duo insert. then I pack a couple inserts and an extra wrap. Sometimes it may be a flip stay-dry insert instead of the thirsties stay dry insert depending on what's clean and the time we'll be out. Its a 40 minute drive one-way to the city that we usually shop in so most of our trips out are half-day trips.

The best tip is not to take too many nappies out with you. I quite often have 3 plus a fresh one on when we pop out, but being realistic that is a whole day's worth for us from waking to bedtime so it's unlikely I'll need that for a shopping trip!

i am the kind of person that if i took 2 out i'd need 4.......

i leave my brolly at home and it buckets down, i take it with me and its dry as a bone (one now lives in the car as a good luck charm)

how do you find the absorbancy of the bitti boo, compared to other itti's

I don't know as I have never had any other itti types. I really like itti bitti boo, although I don't think you would need that much absorbency for a newborn.

i've got the tutto's to use from birth if they will fit, and the d'lish in medium as i have prefolds for newborn...

what do folk think of flips as a wrap????

Honestly I prefer the thirsties duo wrap or the blueberry coverall for a one-size wrap. I used my flip mostly at night in a 4 wrap rotation and now at 7.5 mo and using it for maybe 5 months I can't use it anymore. It gaps terribly at the leg. My LO is a bit thinner than average but I wouldn't call her skinny (40th % weight, 60th % height) and I can't imagine the elastic is worn out. BG 4.0 pockets fit her great its just the flip. I'm glad I didn't buy more than 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->