Yuck I feel gross. Is this happening to anyone else?

Reidfidleir

Reaction score
So I noticed that during pregnancy I didn't smell as much when I sweated and my natural brand deodorant actually would work.
Ever since I've given birth though I Reek!!! It's been four and a half weeks and still when I sweat I smell sooooo bad. It's disgusting. I'm just wondering if this is a hormonal thing? Or is it because I'm lactating/breast feeding? I'm not eating any foods like cabbage or garlic so it's not that. I'm also trying to drink a lot of water.
But I feel nasty. Am I alone in this or can any one else relate?

This happened to me. A week or so after the birth i noticed i was getting body odour, something that i have never had bother with in the past.
It was worse on the right side and that was the side my baby preferred the boob on.

I read that it is the body getting rid of the toxins whilst we breastfeed.

I am no longer breastfeeding and it has gone.

Yea it's worse on my right too!! It's my better producing breast

Oh gosh I thought something was wrong with me lol I have serious BO issues and I cant shower enough!! It comes back after a few hours I didnt have this with my first so thought it was something to do with my csection :/

Thank god this is normal! I have noticed when my milk starts to flow I just suddenly sweat all over. Luckily Robyn doesn't seem to mind!

ha ha yeh i was getting so paranoid until i knew it was pretty normal. I would come out of the shower and it was basically there again. It was like i could never properly wash the smell away.
I did use a bit of talc to help, although i did read that you shouldnt as the toxins need to get out.

Makes you wonder what the hell is in our bodies!

I stink too!!!! Its like a pickled onion smell, its really disgusting but I think the smell of sour milk that's all over me at the mo overpowers it :wacko:

Im the same, I definitely think it's breastfeeding related!

me too, have changed deodrant brands too, how strange!

Me too! That's interesting that it could be breastfeeding related. I don't remember it with my first though and I fed him until 22 months so hopefully that means it won't last!

I noticed it too...once I smelled it I recalled how I remember smelling it when I nursed before. I think it might have something to do with our LOs needing to smell us...it probably smells nice to them but is gross to us...hey maybe its our bodies way of telling men to stay away...lol

ME!!happens when i get my period too - i think its def hormonal!literally 5 mins after washing i smell again! i use an antibacterial soap to wash then a heavily scented shower gel then dry and then use mens deodorant, i have to do it every few hours... hth and sorry ure going through this but kinda glad im not alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->