Announcing the birth of Lorelei Hope Eleri - 7th March 2010

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Home at last with 5 minutes spare to sit down and catch up on here, havent been on in a whole week and ive missed loads!!

Here is my birth story...

So my Waters broke 10:30am Sat 6th March, my waters were yellowy greeny brown coloured, so was told to go in by ambulance. Went in and was examined, was told to wait for an hour just to check on the colour of waters on the pads, so we did and they then decided to keep me in and as I wasnt having any contractions they hooked me up to a drip to start them off.

By 3cm dilated I was in a lot of pain due to the drugs but nothing happening "down below" and was told to be prepared to wait another 10 hours for things to start progressing, I was told at this point that Gas & Air Probably wouldnt see me through the next 10 hours as well
as having the SPD pain really bad, so they offered me Pethidine or Epidural, I have always said I never wanted pethidine and I stuck to my guns, despite the midwifes protests.

They tried to put the epidural in my back whilst i was hunched over and cuddling a pillow, but due to the contractions being 3 minutes apart and the SPD pain the Doctor was struggling, so 3 attempts later told me to lie on my left hand side and she would try it that way, it worked but then again maybe not... as I could then still feel pain down the right hand side! It had only worked on the side I was lying on (found out later on that this is quite common) It also didnt touch the SPD pain.

6 hours later after having an epidural that only worked down one side, I was fully dilated and had my feet put up in stirrups (big no no for SPD sufferers!!), started to push but my contractions were very weak, i could only feel them on one side and combined with the SPD i
couldnt tell which was which as was in constant pain. Doctor came in to see me, said she could see the head but was concerned and I was told to fill out some consent forms for assisted delivery and c section and got taken down to theatre.

Off to theatre we went, spent about 30 minutes being prepped and given various drugs and things being covered up, then I said I felt like I needed to push so she said "ok try it it prob wont do anything" 2 pushes later and with the help of forceps out she came! even the
midwife was so surprised at how quick she shot out lol.

We were told she weighed 6lb 13oz and was born at 2:42am :)

My total labour time was 15 hours and 32 minutes, I had a 2nd degree tear, so this past week the sitting down has been a bit on the painful side!

Her Apgar score was 9 at 1 minute, 10 at 5 minutes and 10 at 10 minutes! :)

We came home Monday afternoon, and Tuesday evening I was back in hospital suffering with chest pains and major swelling of the feet and hands, I was kept in and given a chest x ray and also a radiotherapy scan, where radioactive dye was injected into me and then i was scanned, it meant I couldnt give Lorelei any booby milk for 12 hours, add that to the 12 hours we had been in hospital and the time daddy had taken her home so I could get some sleep, we were struggling! :dohh:

Also she only likes one boob, i have an "awkward" nipple on the right side so she wouldnt latch on, 2 days of forumla feeding and she was getting lazy and strong willed! So I asked the midwife yesterday what the best solution would be and we are now bottle feeding her my expressed milk, Im dissapointed in my boobs for letting me down! but also know that the chain of events throughout the week couldnt really be helped and thats just the way things go, at least she is still getting the nutrients just not directly through my boobs.

The scans all came back clear and the pains were put down to stress, lack of sleep and a traumatic birth, i'd had maybe 6 hours sleep in total since friday! :coffee: On the plus side they also checked her jaundice and also gave her a quick head scan to check on the ventriculomegaly we had been scared about whilst pregnant, they both came back fine, she is slightly jaundice but nothing to worry about :)

We are now home and settling in again, Lorelei is feeding every 4 hours or so, she is so good, only has tantrums when being changed! lol.

She is very alert and loves just looking around and watching you, so gorgeous! Cant help but want to hold onto her when she falls asleep in my arms, dont like to put her down! She is too snuggleable hehe :cloud9:
xx

Attachments

• DSC02902.jpg
    DSC02902.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 58
Congratulations.. Aww shes beautiful x

Well done honey.

She is perfect and you did so well.

Huge congrats to you and hubby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations sweetie. It sounds like you have a really rough time, but you coped beautifully. She is gorgeous! Such a cutie. Glad to hear you are feeling better now, was starting to worry about you having to go back into hospital :hugs:

:hugs:

She really is just perfect sweetheart and you did so, so well :hugs:

xxx

She is just beautiful! My heart skipped a few beats at her pic.

Congrats xxx

Well done you! She is soooo beautiful, and you look completely besotted in your pics, its so sweet :hugs:

xxx

congratulations to you...she is beautiful and i love the name :hugs: xx

Congratulations, she's gorgeous!

Congratulations lovely, you must be so proud, she just perfect! :cloud9:

A massive well done to you my sweet, you did amazingly :thumbup:

Lorelei is just perfect :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members