13 weeks old ..still waking every 2 hours. Anyone else?

kaths101

Reaction score
ZzzzzZZZZZ

my baby's sleep pattern is very regular, with 10-15 minute feeds Inbetween. Last night was

8-12
12.30-2.30
2.45-4.45
5.00-7.00
Anyone else?? Everyone else I know their babies are sleeping 6/7 hour stretches!

Lo is 21 weeks and sti wakes every two hours.

:(

Have no advice but your not alone

I'm with I want a bub, my LO is 19 weeks and still wakes every 1-2 hours aaaaagggghhhh

LOL, try 13 MONTHS and still waking every two hours!

Well, not quite that bad, not most nights anyway. But you're not doing anything wrong, it's very normal (and even healthy) for babies to wake frequently for many months. Not that much fun for us mums, but nothing to worry about.

Quite a few mums who have babies that are doing long stretches now will have a different baby when the four-month regression hits. My LO STTN a few times before that, but never since.

Sorry if I scared you!

I am not even going to comment because it might depress you! put it this way ... i think you're quite lucky :)

Nooooooooo 13 months!! :nope:

I'm ok with it he's my last baby and I'm quite happy to snuggle him. I know how it can change as I have a 2 year old who was a terrible sleeper and now sleeps 12-14 hours a night.. Sometimes you just feel you're the only one!!

Nooooooooo 13 months!! :nope:

I'm ok with it he's my last baby and I'm quite happy to snuggle him. I know how it can change as I have a 2 year old who was a terrible sleeper and now sleeps 12-14 hours a night.. Sometimes you just feel you're the only one!!

You're not the only one! I if you read these boards you're in the minority (and extremely lucky) if you have a good sleeper.

Those lucky parents that have babies that sleep well will probably find that they suddenly change and become awful sleepers at some point, so comfort yourself with that lol!:winkwink:
I have a 9 month old that still wakes every 2-3 hours. Honestly, you get used to it! If he has a night where he doesn't wake as often I still wake up every 2-3 hours!:dohh: So even if your LO's sleep doesn't improve, your body will adapt:thumbup:

my 28 week old still wakes up like clock work every 2 hours.. She is a hungry baby.

Are you at all limiting feeds? We gave ours what they wanted which at times was up to 12oz. They've slept through since 7 weeks. They get enough during the day they don't need it at night.

Maybe consider getting used to it because my 21 Month old still wakes up every 2-3 hours ever since he turned 6 Months old and before then he only managed 4 hour stretches because of jaundice. Hopefully you will be more fortunate :D

29wks and still up every 1-2hrs...

... except for last night. We have finally detached the sidecar cot from the bed and put the side up so he's in his own cot. Stirred at midnight... then self settled! Fed at 2. Stirred at 4... then self settled! Fed at 6.

Perversely, I actually felt worse this morning because I got twice as much sleep as I normally do!

I've got an 18 month old that still wakes up every 2 hours on most nights. It hasn't always been that way, she did STTN for a couple of months, and there was a while where she'd at least sleep in longer increments.

My point being that a baby's sleep pattern can and likely will change well into toddlerhood.

For the age your LO is at, every 2 hours sounds pretty normal. I think long stretches at 13 weeks is probably a rarity and not the norm.

Are you at all limiting feeds? We gave ours what they wanted which at times was up to 12oz. They've slept through since 7 weeks. They get enough during the day they don't need it at night.

babies don't only wake up at night because they are hungry ... it would be a heck of a lot easier if that was the case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->