4 month old stopped talking??

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
My lo who is over 4 months now use to talk up a storm (around 3 months). He'd have "conversations" with us and babble away. I've noticed that for the last while he has stopped "talking". He use to babble a lot on his change mat and now will remain quiet no matter how much I talk to him. He still smiles tons, giggles and makes the odd noise but not anything close to what he use to do.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it a normal part of development?

This exactly happened to us at 3.5 months with Sofia and it went on for about 2 weeks. I asked the nurse at the Early Years Centre and she said babies around 3-4 months get very curious and attentive and prefer to look around more than talk :D

Sofia's back to babbling away, srsly she even does it in the middle of the night :/ enjoy the quiet times hehe

My girls are quiet and don't say much when teething or learning more physical things. Then they would start babbling again.

Absolutely normal. Babies are not great multi taskers :haha: , they tend to focus on one thing at a time. :)

Thanks guys! Glad to hear this is normal. Guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts :) (Shadow lady...during the night?! Cute but must wake you up :dohh:)

I've noticed this too! Just to add one thing that at 4 months I noticed he had stopped 'talking' to me, then he went off his milk. The next week we foun he had tonsilitis so must have had a sore throat! Just something to consider :) However he now often goes quiet for days at a time with no obvious reason lol x

Same thing happened with my son around 4-5 months. It was just a phase, he's 10 months now and babbles non stop to us.

My lo definitely goes through quiet spells...as others say it tends to be when she is focussing on something. She has just learned to crawl...was very quiet for a few weeks and now she's back to being chatty xx

So as babies/kids love to do my lo made a liar out of me yesterday evening by talking up a storm and hasn't stopped since! lol! How typical.

Maddox is much quieter when he's teething. I think maybe it's because his gums become sore and making his usual sounds is uncomfortable for him.

Maddox is much quieter when he's teething. I think maybe it's because his gums become sore and making his usual sounds is uncomfortable for him.

Yes, our little boy has been teething quite a bit lately. Never thought of it that way but that is definitely a possibility. Teething has been going on since 3 months...really hope something comes of it soon or we could be in for a long haul!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->