all symptoms disappeared at 8 weeks.. should i be worried?

xemmax

mummy in love
Reaction score
i'm 9 weeks tomorrow and it's probably been a week that i haven't felt any symptoms at all. i'm not sure whether i'm just overlooking them - i'm still tired but i work a lot, and breasts have grown but the tenderness seems to have gone, my sense of smell is still really strong but i've quit smoking so it could be that. i just don't know what to think!

i'm struggling to focus on anything because i'm worried that something is wrong. i just don't feel pregnant anymore. i don't feel like there is anything going on in my body, and i can't imagine something is in there anymore. it's horrible!

my boyfriend is going to pick up some more pregnancy tests in a minute - i'm not sure if i'm just being silly but it's really worrying! can anyone relate?

I can relate- my morning nausea (not quite to the level of sickness but there nonethless) disappeared about a week ago - I didn't notice at first, then was relieved for about a day, then started to worry - now it's back with a vengeance!!! It's quite normal hun xx

I've not had morning sickness today for the first time today. I should be happy, but instead I'm fretting that somethings wrong! I've read a gazillion posts saying that its normal for symptoms to come and go but I still like to worry! :blush:

i'm 9 weeks tomorrow and it's probably been a week that i haven't felt any symptoms at all. i'm not sure whether i'm just overlooking them - i'm still tired but i work a lot, and breasts have grown but the tenderness seems to have gone, my sense of smell is still really strong but i've quit smoking so it could be that. i just don't know what to think!

i'm struggling to focus on anything because i'm worried that something is wrong. i just don't feel pregnant anymore. i don't feel like there is anything going on in my body, and i can't imagine something is in there anymore. it's horrible!

my boyfriend is going to pick up some more pregnancy tests in a minute - i'm not sure if i'm just being silly but it's really worrying! can anyone relate?

Hey chic...i'm also 9 weeks tommorrow and exactly the same ( but not worried ...well i was earlier in the weeek but seemed to have calmed now !!??!)
I was nauseous from week 6 ,...then over the last few days the queasiness has really dropped off.

I too was having awful thoughts .....( i'm sure the same as you)...but i'm sure everything will be fine. My friends had no symptoms at all and had perfect babies.

I think maybe our bodies are getting used to the hormones now??

Have you a scan booked yet?

Mines 3 weeks on thursday and seems to be taking forever,

I think the trouble is ( and dont get me wrong i love this forum !!)....but you read so many stories on here i think it makes you paranoid. For all the women that have been through hell .....i'm sure there are a LOT more who have had normal pregnancies .

Theres no reason we cant be one of them !

Sorry for the essay but this has obviously been on my mind too !!xxx

Hey chic...i'm also 9 weeks tommorrow and exactly the same ( but not worried ...well i was earlier in the weeek but seemed to have calmed now !!??!)
I was nauseous from week 6 ,...then over the last few days the queasiness has really dropped off.

I too was having awful thoughts .....( i'm sure the same as you)...but i'm sure everything will be fine. My friends had no symptoms at all and had perfect babies.

I think maybe our bodies are getting used to the hormones now??

Have you a scan booked yet?

Mines 3 weeks on thursday and seems to be taking forever,

I think the trouble is ( and dont get me wrong i love this forum !!)....but you read so many stories on here i think it makes you paranoid. For all the women that have been through hell .....i'm sure there are a LOT more who have had normal pregnancies .

Theres no reason we cant be one of them !

Sorry for the essay but this has obviously been on my mind too !!xxx

thanks for the reply! it is really worrying, but i think you're right, i've probably read too many sad stories on here and it's sent my mind into overdrive. i do hope so anyway! i've not even seen the midwife yet. my appointment isn't for another 2 weeks as i'm going to cornwall for a week, and the wait is driving me crazy. i'm tempted to book a doctors appointment as i need a repeat prescription anyway, and then i could offload my fears on to them! i'm going to do another test as soon as my boyfriend gets home in a minute - but i'm not sure what i expect the result to be!

ahh i bet you can't wait for your scan! i might ask the midwife to try and check the heartbeat when i see her.. as i'll be 11 weeks by then! xx

thanks for the reply! it is really worrying, but i think you're right, i've probably read too many sad stories on here and it's sent my mind into overdrive. i do hope so anyway! i've not even seen the midwife yet. my appointment isn't for another 2 weeks as i'm going to cornwall for a week, and the wait is driving me crazy. i'm tempted to book a doctors appointment as i need a repeat prescription anyway, and then i could offload my fears on to them! i'm going to do another test as soon as my boyfriend gets home in a minute - but i'm not sure what i expect the result to be!

ahh i bet you can't wait for your scan! i might ask the midwife to try and check the heartbeat when i see her.. as i'll be 11 weeks by then! xx[/QUOTE]

OMg....i sooo cant wait !! I think at that point surely we can start relaxing and just enjoying our pregnancy !! ( i'm a whittler....sure i'll find something else to worry about !)

Pleeeeeease dont do another test ......what is the point .....it's probably not gonna be accurate at this stage anyway as your hormones will be all over.

Maybe have a word with the docs...but unfortunately i think all they will say is 'try and relax' .... I know ...easier said than done !!

You off to cornwall for a break or work?

PS ...the midwife again wouldnt do anything at this stage. I had my MW appointment at 5 weeks...all she did wass fill in forms and take my bloods.

Think we just need dto try and stay positive.

Like i said before.....i reckon statistically we have more chance of having a successful pregnancy rather than not.

Soooo....try and stop worrying xxxxx

I'm nearly 12 weeks now and my symptons are on and off and have been for a while so I really wouldn't worry about it and maybe just enjoy the times you don't feel sick because it may soon come back

Try not to worry about loss of symptoms. You never know they may come back full force in a couple of days!!

I agree that a preg test won't help. I had a miscarriage last September and didn't find out until my 12 week scan that there was no baby, but I still had positive pregnancy tests and pregnancy symptoms until after I had the medical management. So basically a pregnancy test won't tell you if everything is ok.

I've several friends who are about 5-7 months pregnant at the moment, and all of them had long periods when they didn't feel pregnant and had no symptoms. And I'm pleased to say that so far all of them are having normal pregnancies with no problems.

Try not to worry about loss of symptoms. You never know they may come back full force in a couple of days!!

I agree that a preg test won't help. I had a miscarriage last September and didn't find out until my 12 week scan that there was no baby, but I still had positive pregnancy tests and pregnancy symptoms until after I had the medical management. So basically a pregnancy test won't tell you if everything is ok.

I've several friends who are about 5-7 months pregnant at the moment, and all of them had long periods when they didn't feel pregnant and had no symptoms. And I'm pleased to say that so far all of them are having normal pregnancies with no problems.

OMG Rikki...i think thats every mum to be's nightmare !! how awful .... very good advice tho !

I have found it really difficult keeping a PMA...and convinced the same is gonna happen to me!

H&H 9 months chic xxx

OMG Rikki...i think thats every mum to be's nightmare !! how awful .... very good advice tho !

I have found it really difficult keeping a PMA...and convinced the same is gonna happen to me!

H&H 9 months chic xxx

Thanks. TBH I'm paranoid the same will happen again. But I guess there's nothing I can do more than I am already, so if the worst happens I know it's not my fault. No point in worrying about it because I can't control it.

I hope everything goes well for you. I think it's normal to be paranoid, and console yourself with the fact that practically everyone feels that way at some point during their pregnancy. :hugs:

Absolutley !...must admit ...i love every sunday .....as every monday i'm another week forward !

Suppose you have to also think every pregnancy is different. There is NO reason why it would happen again.

Good luck hun xxx

I've not had morning sickness today for the first time today. I should be happy, but instead I'm fretting that somethings wrong! I've read a gazillion posts saying that its normal for symptoms to come and go but I still like to worry! :blush:

Grr, spoke too soon, I've been sick aaaaall afternoon :dohh:

helllo all... hope u dont mind me poppin in to see how every1 is doing ?? i was reading ur post and i didnt wanna read and run... with what i have read... to me everything sounds okaii.. i was the same as u at 8 weeks.. i hardly suffered from any symtoms i got morning sickness for the first few weeks but that all stopped when i reached 12weeks... and well ur lucky that u have noticed a change in ur boobs bcoz at 17 weeks mine still hvent changed lol.. wish they would lol...

if u ever wanna chat about anything jus pm me chick :d
xx

Hey just wanna let you know I started feeling better at around 9 weeks and alot of my pregnancy symptoms subsided.. this is normal :) Its also normal for symptoms to come and go. I know thinking you may have had a missed m/c is scary but I've heard that is alot less likely than just your body is getting "used" to being pregnant.

Good luck & I bet your symptoms will start coming back soon :)

ahh ladies thanks so much, you're such a good bunch! :D

i did a pregnancy test and hadn't even got off the toilet before both lines had appeared, just as strong as each other! i know it doesn't tell me that everything is ok but it reassures me that i'm ACTUALLY PREGNANT! ha, which i think even after 3 weeks isn't really sticking in my mind. :(

feel like maybe now i can enjoy being symptom-less for a while yet, until they come back! and as for my boobs growing, well the odd thing is that mine are naturally really uneven, and it seems to be the smaller one that's grown loads. so double bonus! hahaha

xx

Hey there! I've been reading a lot of post about being 8 weeks pregnant and not feeling any symptoms so I thought I would chime in. I recently had my first transvaginal ultra sound this past Monday at 7 weeks and 3 days and the baby was 1.5 cm long and had a heartbeat of 149 beats per minutes. I was so relieved when I heard the heartbeat and my sonographer told me the baby was perfectly normal for where I was. What's got me so worried now is that literally, out of the blue, my symptoms have just stopped. I went from having sore, hot, breasts one day, to being slightly nauseaous the next, to having those deep hunger pains that forced me to eat even though I wasn't hungry to basically nothing. My breast are hurting a little bit and I had a lot of gas last night but other than that - nothing. Even though I hate the nausea, I would almost rather have it than have nothing at all. Now, I freaked out like this last week when I was at 6 weeks because I didn't really feel anything and then middle of week six until week 7, the symptoms hit hard so I don't know. The ladies that posted on here...did you end up having a healthy, viable pregnancy even though your symptoms would come and go at times? I noticed you guys posted early this year so you've probably had your babies by now. If anyone has any thoughts, this would really put my mind at ease. I'm already a worrywart and I've promised my family and husband I wouldn't do this during my pregnancy but it's hard when all you've ever really wanted out of life was to be a mommy. Thanks for any comments left!

i really wish midwifes and doctors would pay attention to the fears and book in fior an early scan... i mean reall sorry to say this but the woman whose 20weeks and knows her baby is there and can feel it can blood well wait until us poor worriers have had the first scan and know there's deffo something there. im approximately 8 weeks been worried since i found out as ive have 5 m/c yep thats right 5 in a row but they just say oh dont worry its all normal... normal no only be sick 2 times in 8 weeks??? normal to have a stabbing pain on the left and cramps.... normal to be tired normal to not be tired normal to be waking up with what seems like a fever... (only on waking up i wake up sweating but shivering yet im fine a few moments later) my hunger has been on and off sore boobs on and off and ive not had a scan she said it would be before 12weeks but reading a lot of the responces from the glasgow area (im just outside glasgow) i could be waiting a while....

yep im a little nervous wreck and keep reading horror stories that makes it all the worse just want a scan to show me everythings ok

You're pregnant!? Yay!!!

No I'm not hun, look at the date... this was made when I was pregnant with Oli :haha: it just gets dragged up occasionally.

You are though!!! Amazing! Congratulations... Thomas is going to be a big brother :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->