Cramps/twinges?

kezz_howland

mummy to one and ttc
Reaction score
Okay, so i am soooo excited I just got my BFP at 10dpo. I am still shaking with excitement!!

I have twinges and faint cramps all over my pubic area, and especially on the left. Is this normal? No like AF - not as strong as that! But I wanted to make sure this was ok and normal that's all. I am such a worrier I am going to be terrible at being pregnant!!!

Hi hun, don't worry I am just the same! Started mild cramps at 10 DPO, and they've been on and off since then. Similar to AF, but not as strong. It's the uterus stretching to make room for your little bean! :D

If the cramping is accompanied by bleeding or spotting, or is very strong (so you can't talk or move), call your doctor. But a bit of cramping is normal. :)

Totally normal. I get them through all of my pregnancies, often times they ARE just like AF, sometimes they'll be sharp (I used to tell DH it feels like that little pea-sized monster is biting me!)

No biggie. No need to worry -- you'll know if trouble shows up. You'll bleed bright red, or your pain will become unbearable or at least intense, etc... When I m/c'd, I knew something was wrong. I've had cramp scares, and even bleeding scares with both of my healthy pregnancies, but when I m/c'd I knew it was different than those. I didn't really need a doc to confirm.

So don't stress, enjoy! Each time you feel that cramp that's a sign that things are growing, stretching, and changing. yay!

So don't stress, enjoy! Each time you feel that cramp that's a sign that things are growing, stretching, and changing. yay!

I agree, when I feel one I imagine tiny bean burrowing in and getting comfy :D

Thank you so much! I feel better now!

Also, is it already unsafe to be lifting at this early stage? I'm worried in case i'm asked to lift at work and having to lie to get out of it?

I take It you didn't get your AF,huh? Congrats girl!!!
I've been having all kinds of twinges, pulls, bubbles, cramp like and gas like pains all over especially really low. It was freaking me out at first because I thought it was AF coming or a chemical pregnancy, but after reading other pregnant women symptoms it seems normal. I guess we have to get used to it now.
When are you due? Have you scheduled your blood work? I'm waiting to miss my period to do that. I got a BFP at 6DPO, cramps started about 8DPO. I'm at 9Dpo now.

hunny, cramps are normal. i had awful cramps from 4 weeks-16 weeks, died down a bit now im geting awful braxton hicks that started at 20 weeks. pregnancy is painful

Af duer today or tomorrow but no sign yet thankfully. Due 23rd Jan. Had cramps like AF all day. It's weird!!

I still remain absolutely sure that AF will arrive at any moment as I am still getting those type cramps (sometimes worse actually than AF) but bean's heart is still beating away- had a scan a couple of weeks ago to confirm. :) Good luck hunni xx

I'm so pleased I found this thread, as I got just got my BFP at 12DPO and have had cramps (AF-like but not as strong) on and off since 8-9DPO. I was a bit worried, but having read this thread through, I feel much better so thank you ladies xx

Af duer today or tomorrow but no sign yet thankfully. Due 23rd Jan. Had cramps like AF all day. It's weird!!

My due date is Jan 26th :) I'm so glad these cramps and twinges are smth other than AF. BTW, for me they feel a bit different than typical AF cramps. They feel like painful bubbles, or pokes and pulls. Or if they are like AF cramps, they're localized to one area while AF cramps were usually in the whole lower stomach area.

Its completely normal, I've had the light cramps since before my period was due so I just knew I was pregnant. Im still having them on and off but def. lighter than full blown period cramps. they are not painful but very much aware that they are there, Im guessing at first its the implantation and now stretching and growing. To be honest I start getting quite paranoid if I dont feel anything as I worry the babys stopped growing . x

I'm just terrified my period is going to arrive at any minute. I think i'd be less worried if I didn't feel them cause it's hard for me to believe that i'm getting AF type cramps but no AF. Everytime I go to the toilet I keep thinking i'm going to see blood and burst into tears. I know it's not a very positive attitude, but i'm a born worrier!

Been out looking at baby clothes today. Really hope my bean is sticky :)

Oh yeh - and going to doctors Monday for bloods. My period's due today or tomorrow so will be overdue by Monday. Didn't want to go till i'd missed my period either!

I've been having painful cramps right down low on my left side and it goes down my leg and affects my back sometimes, others its just sharp stabbing feeling! xx

I'm just terrified my period is going to arrive at any minute. I think i'd be less worried if I didn't feel them cause it's hard for me to believe that i'm getting AF type cramps but no AF. Everytime I go to the toilet I keep thinking i'm going to see blood and burst into tears. I know it's not a very positive attitude, but i'm a born worrier!

Been out looking at baby clothes today. Really hope my bean is sticky :)

OMG I am doing the same thing- looking for blood after wiping. So weird to be cramping without AF

Hi hun, ive been cramping on and off since 3 + 3, i was a bit scared to start with and thought af was gona arrive but she didnt, yaaayyy! So now when i get the cramping and backache i ignore it and try and do something to take my mind of it and it works as the cramping goes away! i seem to get an hour or so each day now around late afternoon but it soon goes.....ive also started getting stitch like pains when i move to quickly but these i choose to ignore aswell, they are all part and parcel of our little beanie growing inside us!!!:baby: Dont worry honey you will be fine....xxx:hugs: Had my bloods done at 4 weeks and my levels were 386 so this put my mind at rest too, once you get your bloods done and get that confirmation from the doctor you will relax more xxx:winkwink:

Oh i forgot to say that drinking plenty of water helps with the cramping and laying on your side and relaxing for a little while.....:hugs:

Are you guys still cramping? Mine subsided today, so now of course I'm freaking out, worried that something is wrong. This is crazy: you're in pain- you think something is wrong, you're not in pain you think smth is wrong.

Still cramping at the mo, but I am only 4 weeks today and it's only 6.30am! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->