Does "bloody show" after a sweep really count??

MaybeBaby_K

Loving our four.
Reaction score
TMI warning.... I know people ask a lot about sweeps on here and ultimately its different for everyone but I would just like to hear some of your experiences or thoughts.
I had my sweep Wednesday afternoon and had some spotting right afterwards but over the past 36 hours or so I have had a lot of very stringy and gooey mucus that is blood tinged, varies from pink to red to brown. Also DTD last night and had a ton more this morning.... I even showed DH, poor man. So the question is.... People say bloody show is a sign of impending labor but if my sweep started it, is it less likely that labor is as close as if it started on its own???

I'd say labour is more likely, you can have a show a while before labour but sounds like it's the start of things, every time vie had a sweep, labour has started within 24 hours, good luck ! :flower:

I'd say labour is more likely, you can have a show a while before labour but sounds like it's the start of things, every time vie had a sweep, labour has started within 24 hours, good luck ! :flower:

Thank you! I hope so. I am not feeling as optimistic now that I'm more than 24 hours after sweep but still holding out that it got things going. I was already 2-3cm dilated and 50% effaced before the sweep which is better than nothing I guess.

I am afraid to say I had 3 sweeps with bloody shows after with no labour attached! I went into labour on the 3rd day after my last sweep with no real signs, the contractions just started by themselves, was nearly 2.5days and a 4th sweep later I met my little boy!
xxx

I am afraid to say I had 3 sweeps with bloody shows after with no labour attached! I went into labour on the 3rd day after my last sweep with no real signs, the contractions just started by themselves, was nearly 2.5days and a 4th sweep later I met my little boy!
xxx

oh come on... :cry: haha How far along were you with your first sweep? Dilated or effaced at all?

Hey- glad you asked this! I went in wed night with contractions every 5 mins and was 3-4cm, 100% effaced. They didn't do a sweep
But said I had a slight show visible. From 9am yesterday morning through till now I've been having SO much mucus that ranges from pink to brown to clear - not just a little but almost a spoonful everytime I wipe, wet pads. Truly gross.

As its now over 24 hours since I wondered if this is a sign or
(after calling L&D as I was concerned it was a so much) they said
You can get t right up till labour! I mean this isn't just pregnancy discharge but
Total gunk!!

Would be interested in if yours is still going or dies out!

Also - in answer to your question I had a sweep
With baby 1 and had baby within 24 hours. No show though between sweep and labour.

Thanks!

Hey- glad you asked this! I went in wed night with contractions every 5 mins and was 3-4cm, 100% effaced. They didn't do a sweep
But said I had a slight show visible. From 9am yesterday morning through till now I've been having SO much mucus that ranges from pink to brown to clear - not just a little but almost a spoonful everytime I wipe, wet pads. Truly gross.

As its now over 24 hours since I wondered if this is a sign or
(after calling L&D as I was concerned it was a so much) they said
You can get t right up till labour! I mean this isn't just pregnancy discharge but
Total gunk!!

Would be interested in if yours is still going or dies out!

Also - in answer to your question I had a sweep
With baby 1 and had baby within 24 hours. No show though between sweep and labour.

Thanks!

I know some people say you are within 48 hours of labor with the bloody show- not just mucus plug- but I'm thinking its just not the case after a sweep. I'm still having quite a lot as of this morning that was very stringy clear discharge with large bits of redish blood.... almost 48 hours since sweep. A lot of cramping and pressure down there but not contractions.

xxx

oh come on... :cry: haha How far along were you with your first sweep? Dilated or effaced at all?

I know!!! I was gutted, I cant realy remember, but I know mw had said that was a really good sweep and she really expected me to go into labour! That was the day before my due date, then another 3 days later had another sweep and another 3 days after that!

Maybe you should get bouncing on your ball! Or running up and down the stairs, or dtd!
xxx

Maybe you should get bouncing on your ball! Or running up and down the stairs, or dtd!
xxx[/QUOTE]

Done, done and done lady! Taking my 3 yr old for a a looooong walk instead of normal nap today. He hates being in a stroller but I'll be bribing him so I can get moving!

Mine did! I had a show immediately after my sweep and went into labour the next day. I did do a lot of bouncing on my gym ball and went for a walk that day too. Now beautiful baby girl is here :)

If I remember correctly the only time I had any show was with my second child. I went to the bathroom at 11:45 pm and got freaked out as I didn't know what it was because I didn't have it with my first, called L&D and they said it was my show and to expect labor soon. 12 am I went into labor.

With both my first and my 3rd child I was in active labor but didn't notice a mucus or show loss and all 3 labors they had to break my water. My last child I did have a sweep done twice, one a week before my due date and the other the day I was due and I ended up having him the day he was due.

I had a sweep wednesday afternoon aswell. I kept having bloody shows untill thurdsday evening and ever since then everytime iv wiped iv had lots of clear mucus. And my boobs have started leaking to the point where i had to change my clothes and put breast pads on. When i had the sweep she sed i was 2cm and she could feel babies head. I personally dont think its worked for me

Mine went on till yesterday lunchtime and now just lots of clear mucus. It was meant to be an internal exam not a sweep though but either way it looks like I'm still stuck at the 3-4cm mark as pretty certain if I dilated further I'd be straight into proper labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->