Formula looks grainy when mixed in bottles

bubbella

Reaction score
I just opened a new tin of formula this morning and each bottle I make up for a feed appears grainy even though I have shaken the bottle at least four or five times. I'm certain this wasn't happening with the last tin and I don't think it's how I've washed the bottles as it's only happening with the last three bottles and I always wash them and prepare them with cooled boiled water all at once.

Have any of you had this problem? Should I be worried that there is something wrong with the quality of the formula and buy another tin??

Please help!

hi hun, didnt want to read and run, do you think the water might be too cool for the formula to properly dissolve? I had this problem with my dd's bottles, i think it was the s-26 brand, but its been a while so i could be wrong. it would clump at the bottom of her bottle no matter how much i would shake. in the end i had to use warmer water. hope this helps

yeah I was going to say the same, the water might not be warm enough for it to dissolve properly

I haven't really changed how I am heating the bottles and I always heat the water prior to adding the powder but I will give it a try, maybe the fridge has gone a bit colder and I haven't noticed, I'm in Australia and we've just started Winter so might need to heat up the bottle for a little longer than I usually would.

I sent an email to the company anyways (paranoid lol) just to make sure.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how I go

yeah, my hv told me not to leave the cooled boiled water in the kettle for more than half an hour before making up the feed as formula isnt totally sterile so it needs quite warm water to kill germs..

when I make my feeds I boil the kettle, wait 20mins, then make them up and put the made up feeds in a basin of very cold water to cool them quickly and pop them in the fridge.. honestly they change the "rules" of bottle feeding constantly! now your supposed to make feeds up as you go... :dohh: i just couldnt do that, wouldnt have the time lol :winkwink:

I also get grainy formula if I make the feed up with water that's too hot - I find the perfect time to wait is about 20 mins or so and it dissolves perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->