Had 12 week scan today, guessing a boy based on nub theory

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Does anyone freak out after having the same gender twice? Of course for me it is just a guessing game right now, but I heard that the nub theory has pretty accurate and by the looks of it, I might be carrying another boy. Its not a really big deal if I do indeed have another boy but I will began having thoughts if I will ever have a girl. We plan on having 3-4 kids and what if the last one (or two) is also a boy? Now I have to wait at least 5 weeks to confirm the gender. If I had 2 of each, I wouldnt have to think about gender anymore, but with 2 of the same gender I'm starting to fret. Does anyone feel this way?

I'm about to have my 3rd boy, took it much harder this time then I did when I found out I was having my 2nd boy only because this is out absolute last bub hubby will be getting the snip so knowing ill never have a daughter is so hard to deal with. I'm not disappointed that I'm having another son just that there's no more chances for a daughter and that's really sad for me. So I do understand how you're feeling and it's normal.
Big :hugs: two boys are heaps of fun though and mine are best buddies :)

I've got 4 boys and tbh it wasn't until after the 3rd that I started to think I might not actually get a girl. Now, although the is 1 more baby in my future, and I plan to sway, I have to say I'm pretty certain I wont be getting a girl.

We were at my mom's today for a visit and she said that she doesnt want us to have another boy which makes me more stressed out about having another boy. We plan on having 3-4 kids...I am leanign more towards 4 and dh is ok with that so we will probably have at least another boy in the future but I just dont want 2 in a row. Oh well, on the bright side they will be best friends being so close in age.

motherofboys...I havent been really doing any gender selection so I dont know what swaying is. After your second boy, did you dtd on a certain day during your fertile window to try and conceive a girl? I have heard that if you want a girl then you should dtd 2-3 days before ovulation occurs because girl sperms travel slower but live longer...something like that. My ovulation is a mess so the first month I ttc I totally missed it because I actually ovulated later than I thought. I just go by the ovulation pain that I get as long as discharge to conceive so this time as soon as I saw the signs we dtd right away not caring too much about gender. Since we dtd right on ovulation day, it makes me lean more towards a boy. Its hard to dtd 2-3 days before ovulation because I never know when I will ovulate until the day that it occurs.

Just had my 4th boy 7.5 weeks ago and planning on starting to try right away I want my girl and I'm not getting any younger and I just had my last 2 boys in 2013 all my boys are cesarean so I'm hoping once I get pregnant it will be a girl so I can just enjoy my family if not I think going to cry a lot

Kaiecee - while I am not in your shoes atm, I can imagine how hard it is having the same gender babies. Last night I was thinking about the possibility of carrying a baby boy and kind of sorted things out. I dont think I will be too sad if this is another boy because my ds will have a best friend who is the same gender to grow up with...BUT in a perfect world I would hope that the last 2 will be girls. I know its a long shot and I cant choose the cards but I can hope right? If the 3rd is another boy I dont know how I would react.

Everyone in my family ended up having 2 girls and 2 boys. My mom ended up having 4 girls and 2 boys and my sister had 3 boys 2 girls. I honestly dont want to have that many, 4 is the cut off for me...but having different genders do run in the family even on my husband's so I hope we will not have the same gender.

I've never tried to sway before I didn't really hear about it until I was already pregnant with my 4th, but I was charting and know that number 3 had 'girl timing'.

My other 2 older ones are with my ex so I see them but not as often as I would want and the other 2 are now 1year and almost 2 months old so I know they will have a close relationship

My smallest gap is 20 months, between the eldest 2. The eldest will be 8 on Wednesday, ds2 turned 6 in october, ds3 will be 4 in 4 weeks and ds4 arrived in October. Its taken longer each time to fall, our 4th took 2.5 years. So I don't want to wait, but DH wants to move house first.

I wouldn't wait if it took 2.5 years is start asap

I understand his reasons for wanting to wait, but if it takes that long again, we'd have moved house and stuff anyway.

Have u talked to him maybe u can get him to change his mind. What kind of birth control are u using ?

Just condoms atm He is pretty set about moving first, but the time frame for moving doesn't fit well with the TTC. So I'm trying to push to move this year at some point and got to hope it all falls into place timing wise. Or hope he changes his mind.

I would just try to convince him it doesn't matter really if ur pregnant while u move I just did that

I know it probably sounds like I'm over thinking things but because of school we want to stay in the village as I don't drive and would rather not change their school. We planned to be here 6 months that was almost 7 years ago lol things rarely come up in the village that are the right size and price so chances of something coming when I want it to are low which is why he wants to move first. I know realistically it's for the best and we can't for another person in here, but I keep thinking well if we move this and do this we could squeeze one more lol

I'm with u plus if it takes longer which I hope it doesn't at least u started early

We've started reorganizing some things in the house and he said the other day that it would 'buy us a couple more years before moving' so he really isn't seeing the urgency. We need to move soon to get a baby in quick because although men can continue to have babies later than women I don't want him to be in his 50s, his 45 now and also after a certain age the quality of sperm starts to drop.

U should bring that up to him I told dh I won't wait because of my age and he doesn't want to wait either

I don't like to, he kept blaming himself and his age for it taking longer last time. If we had more room he'd try now, so I feel bad for pressuring him when he is trying to be sensible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->