January/ February Snowflakes 2024

@Laurabub84 my older daughter had the worst constipation around 5 months. She was getting mostly formula at that age too. Never really got an answer as to why but suspicion is long bowel syndrome but had to start giving a maintenance dose of stool softener. Wish there was an answer, my daughter still struggles with it and developed encopresis.

If the stools are firm or your gut is saying there's an issue I'd push to get more tests or to find a solution early. My daughter's 4.5 and only just now getting a bit better and having less accidents but still struggling with chronic constipation.

@Laurabub84 I'm really struggling with Cody being my last too. It isn't a definite no from DH but we would have a lot of extra expense new house, car etc plus I've already had 4 csections so it's a risk. He's such a wee sweetheart he isn't helping lol he's making me want another even more! I think the big thing making us consider another is the big age gap with the older kids and Cody not having a similar aged sibling. There's a lot of cons but I can't bring myself to accept he's the last.

Same for us. Now we have Charlie we already can’t go out all together as a family as there’s no room in the car, but our eldest is 18 now and not too bothered about coming places with us anymore. My parents have been promising us to house exchange as they have a large 4 bed house and we’re in a small 3 so we are very cramped here. We put in for the exchange last month but the council rejected it as my parents aren’t entitled to have a 3 bed. It’s so frustrating because they would rather us struggle and my parents stay in their 4 bed house then let us swap and they have just one spare room. My parents don’t share a room anymore due to medical issues. So we certainly have no room for another baby living here. I guess it’s just something I have to learn to accept, but at the moment I’m really finding it hard. I’m not ready to let go of this part of my life yet. I guess I never will but it has to end at some point whether I like it or not. Feels like a grieving process knowing I’ll never get to experience it all again

@Laurabub84 Does he poop a lot on the day he poops or just once? When he does poop does he have to strain a lot? My second daughter was a once a week pooper and we stayed home on poop day cause she pooped 6-8+ times.
She was totally chill and u bothered by pooping so infrequently.
I k ow the experts say pooping less than once a day isn't normal, but I think it can be. Certainly it can be unconcerning anyway, and as Charlie doesn't seem at all uncomfortable, I wouldn't be worried.
Muriel on the other hand gets so cranky if she doesn't poop for just one day. The most she's gone was 4 days once and she was so miserable.

Sorry you are still feeling so broody and your husband isn't on the same page about it at all.

I feel really content with Muriel being our last still. My husband, on the other hand, keeps making comments that make me think he might want another. He hasn't scheduled a vasectomy get either, as he had said he would.
If we had gotten the 12 passenger van I had wanted then there *might* have been room to decide on one more , but we got an 8 passenger SUV at his insistence so every seat is full.

Nope, he literally goes just the once on day 7 or 8 and that’s him done for another week. I’ve never known a baby like it. I was back up the hospital with him Tuesday as he has bronchitis again and I mentioned it to them but again they weren’t worried about it. I guess so long as he’s not struggling with it then this is just strangely his normal.
My partners always taken a lot of persuading for another. This time there’s just no way. I think he’s reluctant to book a vasectomy because he knows I’m gonna be devastated if he goes through with it. I really don’t want to feel broody again. I want to just be content but I can’t stop thinking about never doing it all again.

@Laurabub84 my older daughter had the worst constipation around 5 months. She was getting mostly formula at that age too. Never really got an answer as to why but suspicion is long bowel syndrome but had to start giving a maintenance dose of stool softener. Wish there was an answer, my daughter still struggles with it and developed encopresis.

If the stools are firm or your gut is saying there's an issue I'd push to get more tests or to find a solution early. My daughter's 4.5 and only just now getting a bit better and having less accidents but still struggling with chronic constipation.

I’m sorry your poor little girl struggles so much. That’s just awful for her. Thank you for the advice. I don’t think he’s actually constipated because there’s no straining and he’s not distressed in the slightest and when he goes it’s not hard. They’ve given us lactulose to give him twice a day but he’s still once a week so I guess he doesn’t need it. It just worry’s me as none of my others were like this and it just doesn’t seem normal to me for anyone to go that long between. But the health visitors, doctors and hospital have no concerns about it so I guess he’s fine

@Laurabub84 I'm so worried that I will get broody again fast! I think if money and space were no issue I could easily be like you and @NDH and have a whole bunch!
My oh swings between 'never again' and 'you could probly get another baby outta me if you wanted' lol. But I also feel like this has to be our last although I think like you I will never feel done. It goes too fast and he already seems so big!
My one big reason keeping me sane about him being my last baby is having him he my only one in primary school. More than one at primary school is just so stressful. Also I don't want never ending school runs for the rest of my life!

So the doctor has reffered us to paediatrics about jasper's large head, and the shape of it at the front. He's up above the 99th percentile for head circumference (doesn't surprise me considering he was throughout pregnancy too and also my previous boy has a very large head lol) but shes also written 'frontal bossing' on his referral so of course I've googled that and got myself all worried. I genuinely think he's fine and she is just referring to cover herself but she made me feel awful at his check up. On about his flat head and now this. She gave no info on what they might do at the appointment either. Dreading it!

@josephine3 Charlie’s going to be 6 months on the 29th. Half a year gone in the blink of an eye. He should only be 4 months by when he would have been due. It’s just going insanely fast and I hate it. If this time lasted longer I don’t think I would struggle as much. I just don’t know what I’ll do without a little one once he hits school age. It’s been half my life. I see this quote the other day and it made me well up because this is so how I’ll feel
IMG_5978.jpeg
I’m not sure dh is going to go through with having the snip. Last time we bd’d he just said we need to sort something out. Not that he needed to get booked in. I really don’t want him to have it done because it’s just too final and my heart can’t take it :sad2:

I’m sorry you’re having to be referred. Charlie has a flat head on one side. My health visitor was always on about it to me about giving me more tummy time but with a boisterous 3 year old it’s hard to be able to put him down until he’s in bed, and I always favour a side when I’m holding them so I haven’t helped matters. Ollie has a weird shaped head too, lol. I’ve always said so since he was born but everyone tells me he doesn’t and I’m imagining it but he really does. I’ve not heard of frontal bossing? What is it if you don’t mind me asking? I’m sure as you say he’s fine. I had to push to get Charlie referred for his eye. Again everyone telling me I was imagining things but his left eye sometimes seems half closed and smaller than his right eye but it’s not all the time. It’s strange but I do panic over everything when it comes to the kids, so I’d rather he be checked for my peace of mind. I took some photos to show them as it’s not all the time but this is what it does

IMG_6178.jpegIMG_6375.jpeg

We have that on the 28th. Hopefully both will come out of their appointments with no concerns. Please update us and let us know how he gets on

Last edited:
Hope your appointments go well @josephine3 and @Laurabub84 and it's nothing serious. Flynn had a very flat head at the back and still is really but nothing serious. Toby always had a funny shaped head too it protruded more on one side of his forehead but again it wasn't anything x

@Laurabub84 Evies eyes do the same thing. I want to get her checked as it could be ptosis. Hers seems to be improving with time.

@Laurabub84 I had to Google frontal bossing myself. It literally just means a protruding forehead but it can be an indicator of all sorts of rare diseases and head problems by the sounds of it. The doctor didn't even tell me that she just wrote it in his book x
I had a similar thought about eyes - Jaspers eye on that same side as the head thing seems wider and larger to me x

Hope your appointments go well @josephine3 and @Laurabub84 and it's nothing serious. Flynn had a very flat head at the back and still is really but nothing serious. Toby always had a funny shaped head too it protruded more on one side of his forehead but again it wasn't anything x
Thats exactly what Jaspers forehead does - did Toby have any tests regarding it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->