Mummys to lazy baby boys

Frooty

Reaction score
My lo will be 1 in a few weeks and doesn't hold his own bottle (i don't mind) just some people comment and say let him hold his own bottle :wacko: he doesn't want to yet altho im sure he could. Also how important is it that they drink from a beaker instead of a bottle all the time? Cus he doesn't like beakers at all i've tried the TT one can anyone recommend me a good one? :flower:

Omar was 20 months when he started to hold his bottle & he didn't start to drink milk from a beaker until he was 2 years. We weaned him off the bottle at 23 months as he didn't need it for comfort anymore. He went off milk for a whole month, then he started to drink it again from an open cup. I tried all types of cups earlier but he wasn't interested, he needed his bottle for comfort. He used to gag every time he tasted milk coming out from a cup.

T is a lazy boy :haha:

He sat at 8 months, no inclination to crawl yet or anything like that. Doesn't hold his bottle either. Now he's older and doesn't have problems with wind I bought him thin tommee tippee bottles as they're easier for him to hold but nope!

He refuses any type of beaker too! He has a fast flow tommee tippee beaker, 2 doidy cups, an avent beaker which he has to suck to get the milk/water out of and a nuby super sipper. He hates all of them :dohh:

:haha:

I wouldn't worry about it, he'll hold it when he is ready. I think its lovely when they will let you give them a bottle at that age!

Thanks all i thought it was a big deal if they still drink milk out of a bottle over 6 months but mind rest now ty

lo won't hold his bottle either and never even tries...! we have tried cups but with no success. they Will do things when they want and not before! i suspect lo likes just lying back and enjoying his milk! he doesn't even suck at bottle as its a fast flow he just lets it dribble in and then swallows!

my lo only started holding his own bottle recently at around 11 months. i was running late one morning so i just put him in his chair and gave it to him. initially he would keep putting it down then picking it back up when he realised i wasn't going to do it for him lol. now every morning he takes his bottle ounces at a time puts it down then comes back for it. usually takes him about half hour to polish 8 ounce off. he wont let me feed him his bottle anymore.

i'm sure your lo will do it in his own time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->