OH appreciation thread

B

babydust1990

There's been so many threads lately about annoying OH's (quite rightly so from reading them!!!) does anyone else have a really decent OH though?

Mine has took on doing 24 hour on call for the next 3 months so he's at home with me for the most part even though he hates it and would rather work his normal days :cloud9: He doesnt moan about taking the baby while I shower/nip out ect. He also just takes the baby just because he wants to and does night feeds every other night! He's taken to fatherhood like a duck to water and I'm so proud and grateful for it <3

even though i have an ummm challenging husband, hes a great father. he plays with the kids, takes them to the park, even watches them so i can watch some tv alone upstairs! he also lets me go out once a week with the girls so i dont lose my sanity!:)

Mine is fantastic :) He helps with all the housework and household chores. He takes the entire night shift and will take the oldest out to play if I ever need a break from her (and occasionally will take both out if I've had a really hard day!)

I'm so blessed to have my hubby. He goes to work every day so that I can be a SAHM. He helps out around the house, does dishes and laundry, vacuums, and does all the yard care. He watches LO when I need to take a shower or when I'm busy in the kitchen. He is so supportive of me and is such a good Daddy to our boy :cloud9:

YES!!! I dont think i couldnt ask for a better DH. He is the best husband and father ever! He does ALL the laundry and helps with the other house chores. He plays with both of my children. Takes them to the park. He takes care of the kids while i work night shift so waking up with my son without any complaint. He watches the kids if i need to nap or just need time to myself. And after all of this he still remembers to pamper me too!! He understood my hormones after during and after pregnancy and i mean i just dont have words to explain how good he is to our family!

I love my dh soooooo much! He's always been an AMAZING husband. He just got home from deployment last week and is already a natural at being a parent! He's wonderful with our daughter and she loves him so much, he spoils both of us.:) he takes Lilly when I need a nap(like today), he helps out around the house, he supports me and his daughter, and is just in general a very sweet, caring, good guy!

Love my husband. He's a terrific father and has been since day 1.
Has done all night feeds and loves to play with him and take him on walks in the evening.

I'm so happy I have him. He works all day and still comes home and helps clean and takes over with ryland. :)

My DH is a great father and a great DH. He isn't perfect, but no one is. We occasionally have our 'moment's' but at the end of the day, he is a brilliant loving father who adores our son and our son absolutely adores his daddy. He knows who his daddy is and it warms my heart. I love him. He really does do his best and he works so bloody hard.

I have an amazing husband. Just had to share it was our two year anniversary last week and it's the cotton one. (traditional gift idea is cotton). Along with letting me order a double electric medela pump (i messed up my swing) I got 3 nursing shirts (cute ones, not just tanks) and a hands free pumping bra! It takes quite a man to realise how much I needed this stuff!!!!! Flowers would have been the easy gift or a set of sheets for the cotton. He is such a good man! Plus he works so I can stay at home and never acts like my "job" isn't just as hard as his.

Love this thread. I love my OH! I'm so lucky :D

My husband starts his paternity leave on October 1 and I cannot wait!!! He's gonna be Mr Mom for six months while I have major stuff going on at work. In terms of parenting he can do everything that I can do (except express milk :) ) and whereas I am a total stress-head, he is like my human Valium, he just calms me right down. Don't know what I'd do without him.

Its really nice to hear things about good OHS.... Lucky ladies!! Xx

Lovely thread.

My hubby will do ANYTHING. He asked if I could express a bottle so he could feed hI'm when home from work. He asks no questions when I say we need to buy something for the kids. He has said yes to being a SAHM till they go to school. He is funding everything and works so hard. He is a softy and loving dad. I could not ask for more!

Yes I am really lucky too, my dh is a wonderful husband and now an amazing dad to our baby girl. He helps even in the night when he has to get up in the morning and always does his share around the house etc. similar to the pp he is very laid back - my human Valium!!

Aw, this thread is lovely :thumbup:

My OH is brilliant. I totally take him for granted often, and I blame him for stuff sometimes when if I'd have just SAID it out loud he'd have sorted it out without complaint.

He's the most amazing father. He's always been ridiculously good with babies and he LOVES doing things for our son. If he could BF he would.

It's nice to hear the positive stuff...It's easy to get caught up in the nagging and complaints when you're tired and hormonal (I'm the worst for this :blush:).

Oh yes and I tell him how lucky I am all the time!
He does all the feedings at night so I can pump. Otherwise I would feed LO and then pump which would be exhausting.
He also takes LO whenever I need to go anywhere or just need a break. He spends just as much time with him as I do when he isn't at work.

Congratulations on your hubbies, ladies! :thumbup:

My OH is my second husband and it's a world of difference. He is great with his stepson, although a wee bit strict, we argue how to discipline our boy occasionally. He loves a tidy home more than I do, so he spends a lot of time cleaning and making us put things where they belong and such.
He was there for the birth of our daughter, and since then we share everything that has to be done. He works though, so I spend more time looking after the baby, apparently, but he cooks when he gets back from work, buys groceries, does bathtime, rocks LO to sleep, if she doesn't fall alseep after BF. And he cleans, all the time he cleans something. :haha: Probably, he's not too keen on taking LO out in her pram, but he'll do it if I ask him. But mostly I do that myself since I need some air, too.
To crown it all, my son got roller skates for his birthday and suddenly I wanted them, too. So he literally forced me to go and get a pair for myself and he looks after LO when I go out for a ride.

Great thread idea. My husband wakes up at night with lo, cleans, cooks for me, feeds, diapers, does everything. I'm disabled, and he takes care of me and our son. He is absolutely the most amazing husband. He is loving, caring, thoughtful, and kind. I'm so blessed.

OH stayed up all night with LO after working til 2am! I got 6 hours uninterrupted sleep! Then I let him go to bed about 8am lol z

My husband is pretty fantastic! At this very moment he is vaccumming the house after just putting some laundry in the wash, while I sit here on B&B :)
and I love how great he is with LO - he does most of the diapers, etc when he's home and plays with LO and sings to him, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->