• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnant Teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

becki.+.bump

Reaction score
hi am 17 and 24 weeks plus+ my OH is 17 next Thursday :), am so thrilled am going to be a mum, i get weird looks of the older adults though, does any other pregnant teens get this?

i had my daughter when i was 17 nearly 18. and yep i got the looks.. and felt judge.. but hey its nothing new these days.. and there are girls that get pregnant even younger.. i would'nt worry about it.. as long as you can support and give your baby love.. who says there has to be a certain age to be a good mother!!

I fell pregnant when I was 17 too, I'm 18 now. I get really bothered by people looking and pointing. I look young for my age too which doesn't help. When I went for my 12 week scan with my OH, there was another couple waiting and all they were doing was staring, whispering and pointing at me. I got really worked up. But at the end of the day it's none of their business, who are they to judge? I can now walk through town with my head held high and ignore the judging looks. Like Beautywithin said, 'who says there has to be a certain age to be a good mother!!'

I'm not even a teen anymore, I'm 22, and I have had sonographers, old women and adults giving me dirty looks, speaking to me like a child, because I do look young, so i understand how you feel.

What can i say? Sod em all!

I know I get looks, but I never pay attention. Whenever I go out, I just hold my head high and ignore everyone. Except the people who stop to look at my son and tell me how cute he is. :rofl: You'll probably get looks from all sorts of people, but as long as you show you don't care, they're just wasting their time.

i know but when you hormones are high its hard enough

It is really hard to show people you don't care, especially when you do. I have days when I just fake it and then go cry later. Seriously. There are a lot of times when what people say, or the looks they give me, really upset me. But I just try to play it off. It makes them think I don't care. :)

I'm only 17 and pregnant...only 7 weeks so not showing yet should imagine when I am the looks will come out.

But just ignore them just because your younger doesn't mean your not gunna be a good mum.

People are too quick to judge younger people for everything they do they aren't worth it.

Maybe older people know how hard it is having a baby and how much thought and hard work goes into it all. Not everyone is judging, just giving sympathy. Just think, some of them might have been in your position!

Im 18 and only 7 weeks so also not showing yet, but i have a few friends who are teen mums or quite far gone, and they have said be prepared for the lucks of disgust, apparently they got judged a whole lot, id say the best thing is to ignore it

I'm 18, 32 weeks pregnant, i get funny looks all the time. I just stare back, have they never seen a pregnant teenager before?!

Just try your best to ignore them, and if they actually say something to you smile sweetly, thank them for their opinion and walk away. It will piss them off ;)

i was 16 and 9months pregnant and got funny looks all the time

I see a pregnant teen and sometimes look, I don't think oh god, not another one... I think I really hope that things work out for this sweet person. Not all older mothers judge teens. I think many older generation judge teens but the way the older generation is treated alot of the time is awful. Its a 2 way street. It does get me tho when people say "oh i hope shes married"

hi am 17 and 24 weeks plus+ my OH is 17 next Thursday :), am so thrilled am going to be a mum, i get weird looks of the older adults though, does any other pregnant teens get this?
Yeah all the bald nonces want yourr pussy

Thread locked. Follow forum rules please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back