Raspberry Leaf and Previous C-Section (?)

steph1505

Reaction score
Hey ladies :wave:

Has anyone heard that u shouldn't take Raspberry Leaf Tea or the capsules if you had a previous c-section? I was all ready to start taking mine until I read somewhere on the good old internet that it can weaken the scar! But then another article said it can be really beneficial for girls looking to achieve a VBAC :shrug:

I dont see my midwife for another few weeks so just wondered if anyone had been told anything by their midwife regarding this??

:flower:

xxxx

I was planning a VBAC and my midwife told me not to take raspberry leaf tea at all

not been told anything. i've been taking it though. i think the problem with it is that it stresses the uterus, causing BHs and strengthening the muscles, which can stress the scar - it would only be a problem if the scar was going to rupture anyway though, cause it doesnt do anywhere near as much as actual labour does!
i figured the benefit outweighs the risk, as really dont want a c-section, and they wont induce me. got an appointment at 40+4 to book section, so need to have given birth before then!

I heard that you shouldn't, because it CAN cause strong contractions which could possibly rupture your uterus (after it having been cut open before)...however, that's just something I heard...lol...your midwife would definately be more knowledgeable than me!!

I am actually wanting to talk to my doctor about a vbac, I'm 29 weeks and I had a rough first labor. I had a failed induction and would like to know if you could answer a few questions, I don't have my next dr appointment for another 3 weeks and they are supposed to be scheduling my section in the next week or so. If I can chat with you about a vbac please let me know and I'll send you a personal message.

Aah! There is so much conflicting information out there!!

Tkeith - of course u can PM me! I dont know how much help il be but i can certainly try answer ur questions!!

Bee - thats wot i was thinking, do the benefits outweigh the risks?!

Xxxxx

Im gonna go ask the girls on the VBAC support thread! I'll let uz know what they say :) xxx

I wasn't sure either, so I asked my MW (and took the tablets along to show her) and she said it's fine from 37 weeks. Never can be too sure with all this conflicting advice! Let us know what you find out :)

p.s. I'm also hoping for a VBAc after en elective section due to breech baby last time :)

Ah Stepmummy! Thats good that ur midwife said the capsules were okay!! I think I might have a wee cup of the tea from this week then at 37 weeks take the capsules! But ive posted on the VBAC support so hopefully someone who has done it will be able to help us!!

Hopefully we all get our VBACs :) xxxxx

I was planning a VBAC until we found out babys size and my MW said it was fine to take from 34 weeks starting on a low dose and building up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->