Spotting & worried sick after previous miscarriage & ectopic

tiredlady

Reaction score
Hey everyone, think i posted this previously in the wrong place! i'm 7 weeks pregnant with our first baby. Had a miscarriage at the beginning of last year and an ectopic pg so we are especially anxious this time.

the nhs let me down on an early scan so we had to pay to go private for one at 6 weeks to check was in the right place this time. it was a huge relief, no heartbeat yet as to early but in right place and said the measurements were all good.

So we were happy until the next day on christmas eve i had pink discharge, which turned into bright red spotting (wasn't a lot really but enough to be terrified), for about an hour before it dried up. we were so scared.

Did a bit of reading and I have lots of symptoms, nausea all day everyday (not as bad as before though), very worn out, huge sore boobs, low dull ache, but also bad constipation and awlful thrush. Read that maybe the thrush had caused inflammation and that by having the transvaginal scan (which was very thorough) this had aggravated it and caused a little bleeding from the cervix. this put our mind at rest a little until i had a few more spots on boxing day! No one to phone again as festive season and felt desperate.

Was no way i was going to go to the hospital about it all. they dealt with me so incompetantly with both of my losses, i wasn't going to go there and sit for 6 hours and then get poked really badly and start bleeding again! I knew baby was in the right place and so my life wasn't at risk. However, when i saw my gp, she said she would try refer me back to the consultant i saw before at gynea as a suspected miscarraige and maybe they will treat me with progesterone! Chased that up this morning and the receptionist still hadn't organised it for me :-(

Started to worry a little less, still have bad constipation and tummy is massive and in discomfort, thrush still there and low dull ache has gotten a little worse. feel like something is pushing down. then new year's eve start spotting again, still just brown old blood and only a couple of blobs and then tiny amounts but we went to bed so miserable. more spotting again saturday night. am constantly checking for more blood all day and all night. yesterday the low pain got worse and by the evening was really bad period pain, not cramps but was so bad was determind must be having another miscarriage. just don't feel like we can be lucky, after all we have been through can't believe we have to go through this aswell. next private scan isn't until 13th jan, don't know how i will wait that long. no more bleeds as of this morning but still in pain.

Anyone had anything similar to the above happen? does my theory make sense about the inflammation? what about low dull ache? anything would help. feel like am going a little mad after all the awlful and traumatic things that happened last year i can't bare to go through it all again.

hope to hear from you all with any advice at all.
lots of love
r
x

I can totally understand where you are coming from on this. I had a suspected ectopic pregnancy last April. I'd just got my head round getting pregnant at the first throw(had to wait due to sorting out my epilepsy drugs) and I started spotting. Initially it was dark brown, and was told to relax as it was implantation. The bleeding didn't stop, and after a scan, it was confirmed I had miscarried. However, it got harder to deal with, as a couple of weeks later I was still testing positive. My hormone levels weren't high, but were increasing. Sorting it out took a couple of months. Eventually had a methotrexate jab to sort it all.

I fell pregnant in September, and had cramps and spotting(at one point bright red) and I feared the worst again. A pushed for early scan made sure that it was in the right place, but I was out of my mind with worry as I was convinced it was not meant to be again. I have had 3 episodes of bleeding, the last at about 10.5 weeks.

I always just tried to think and convince myself that whatever happened was going to be for the best, and it would be natures way of just telling me that specific baby wasn't meant to be. Easier said than done though, especially when you see some people who blatantly don't deserve children at all milling about everyday.

All I can say is never give up. I get comments all the time to not be so paranoid and expect the worst, but these are people who have had children and haven't had a loss. You somehow have to keep strong, but I know how hard it is.

All I know is my constipation is not going anywhere fast, and I've had that all the way so far, so it may be a good sign. Fingers crossed for you x

I had a missed miscarriage (baby passed away, no bleeding, found out on a scan) and had 2 D&Cs. I got pregnant again the next month and had bright red spotting at 6 weeks 1 day. I was terrified. Everyone always tells you that red bleeding is bad, but in my case it was just fine. I experienced only that one episode of spotting, had a scan the next day and saw his heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days (which is very early - they had told me to expect nothing so please don't let that worry you). My son is now almost 3! It could be absolutely nothing. The vaginal scan can absolutely cause some red spotting.

hello. I lost my 1st to miscarriage. Then got told after a lap that my tubes where blocked and my only hope was ivf. If i ever conceived it would be ectopic. I did conceive and had an early scan at 4 weeks and 5 days and wasnt ectopic. That night i spotted. I had 2 wait 2 weeks for rescan as they didnt see baby as to early. Inbetween scans i spotted once a day either red pink or brown. Had next scan baby was there beating away. Then 3 days later had a massive red bleed. Was bright red. Had to wait 5 days for scan. Bleeding continued although did turn brown. Had scan and baby still there beatting away. 23 weeks later and were 31 weeks now almost. So proof thats things can be ok. You will need another scan though to see whats going on, especailly as no heartbeat was seen as to early. I can understand you not wanting to go.

hey, my friend is 24 weeks preggo just now she has had almost the exact same thing with the bleeding as you untill she was about 8 weeks, ahe was so scared as she had a loss at 9 weeks just 2 months before she concieved the second, but it turned out she had a kidney infection and they said thats what was causing the bleeding, get them to check you for any infections ass that could be what it is, i know it is hard but try not to worry and drink loads of water, everything will be fine hunni xx

Hey ladies, firstly i have to say thank you to you all, your posts have all been really helpful! there's too much conflicting info everywhere it really helps to hear the success stories.

anyways, i was getting quite desperate and very frustrated with my gp, after much confusion in the end she got me an appointment at the epau for a scan to check what was going on. i was dreading going back there, had traumatic shock........after all that happened and didn't want to ever see that place again but knew i had to go to know once and for all.

scan showed a 7 week +few days old bean! i was so relieved. at original scan was just the round ball of the yolk sack and no fetal pole etc.. this time was a flat bean, a bit bigger! and i had to ask to hear the heartbeat, she didn't want to do it! but heard it for a few seconds and it was amazing, if only my hubby could have been with me and heard it, it's like the most amazing sound i've ever heard! she found something in the womb that she thought must be blood. She thinks that it must ahve been implantation bleeding that's stuck! and that the pain is from my body trying to get rid of it.

i was so relieved and since then i have had the brown blood and it hasn't worried me, i'd rather see loads of it now so that then it can stop. but the pain is still really bad. it's so low down and is getting me really down (along with the sickness and being fussy about food it's tough), it's hard not to worry, pain means bad! i have more questions now and don't feel like i have anyone to ask. my gp is clueless when it comes to early pregnancy, she didn't even know that they do internal scans for early pregnancy! had the red blood at 6 weeks +1 day and then brown blood every two days say after that, now i'm 8 weeks. does that tally up with any of your guys because i believe that implantation bleeding is usually at 4 weeks. also, what about the pain? does it make sense to you? did any of you have the pain with the spotting? can't help but think how does my body know that it needs to get rid of the blood but not the baby!!

it seems that when one worry is solved it's replaced with 3 others!!!!

look forward to hearing from you all again.
hope you're all enjoying the snow!!!
r
x

Hey everyone, think i posted this previously in the wrong place! i'm 7 weeks pregnant with our first baby. Had a miscarriage at the beginning of last year and an ectopic pg so we are especially anxious this time.

the nhs let me down on an early scan so we had to pay to go private for one at 6 weeks to check was in the right place this time. it was a huge relief, no heartbeat yet as to early but in right place and said the measurements were all good.

So we were happy until the next day on christmas eve i had pink discharge, which turned into bright red spotting (wasn't a lot really but enough to be terrified), for about an hour before it dried up. we were so scared.

Did a bit of reading and I have lots of symptoms, nausea all day everyday (not as bad as before though), very worn out, huge sore boobs, low dull ache, but also bad constipation and awlful thrush. Read that maybe the thrush had caused inflammation and that by having the transvaginal scan (which was very thorough) this had aggravated it and caused a little bleeding from the cervix. this put our mind at rest a little until i had a few more spots on boxing day! No one to phone again as festive season and felt desperate.

Was no way i was going to go to the hospital about it all. they dealt with me so incompetantly with both of my losses, i wasn't going to go there and sit for 6 hours and then get poked really badly and start bleeding again! I knew baby was in the right place and so my life wasn't at risk. However, when i saw my gp, she said she would try refer me back to the consultant i saw before at gynea as a suspected miscarraige and maybe they will treat me with progesterone! Chased that up this morning and the receptionist still hadn't organised it for me :-(

Started to worry a little less, still have bad constipation and tummy is massive and in discomfort, thrush still there and low dull ache has gotten a little worse. feel like something is pushing down. then new year's eve start spotting again, still just brown old blood and only a couple of blobs and then tiny amounts but we went to bed so miserable. more spotting again saturday night. am constantly checking for more blood all day and all night. yesterday the low pain got worse and by the evening was really bad period pain, not cramps but was so bad was determind must be having another miscarriage. just don't feel like we can be lucky, after all we have been through can't believe we have to go through this aswell. next private scan isn't until 13th jan, don't know how i will wait that long. no more bleeds as of this morning but still in pain.

Anyone had anything similar to the above happen? does my theory make sense about the inflammation? what about low dull ache? anything would help. feel like am going a little mad after all the awlful and traumatic things that happened last year i can't bare to go through it all again.

hope to hear from you all with any advice at all.
lots of love
r
x

I have a nine yr old son and then i had a misscarrage also ectopic but i was spotting while pregnent to my first born son and now am pregnet again and a scared just like you were or are but i know how you r feeling as i think i was lucky with my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->