TWW distraction Ideas

NeyNey

Love My IVF Munchkin
Reaction score
I thought I'd make something we can reference when we need.

I've been reading around on this big 'ol web of ours, and found some ideas to keep yourself busy during the TWW. Please feel free to add your own, I felt it might be a nice idea to get some ideas to keep our minds busy..

:happydance:

• Start a puzzle (the bigger the better)
  • Plant a garden, or tree - start the circle of life going!
  • Paint your toenails - something that will only get more difficult if you get a BFP
  • Grab a friend and go out for lunch - or a walk around town, Window shopping is the ultimate distraction, and can consume hours!
  • Clean out some space ready for packing it full of new baby items! (Don't need to buy any, just get the space ready)
  • Try to remember you have done all you can now, and that your work this month is done. Use a Zen approach.
  • Stay away from pregnancy symptom websites!
  • Bake! - Get busy with those amazing skills you'll need for motherhood, get creative
  • Go through your pantry and get rid of foods past expiry date. (You'd be surprised at what you find)

So like I said, please feel free to add some of your own, or ones you've read.

wonderful! I am always looking for ways to pass time!

Funny thing is...i DID start a 1000 piece puzzle just this past week! Another thing i do is look for new recipes online and jot down ingredients to buy on the next grocery trip! I made some fantastic fried chicken and biscuits today for the first time, DH loves me for my cooking!

Pregnancy symptom websites - that just made me laugh that's something i do quite regularly!!!! :rofl:

Yep i think we are all guilty of googling early symptoms!!

I have managed to get myself hooked on a random game on carls xbox to keep me occupied.

I think the biggest distraction of all for me is work.

yeah definately work for me, im worst at home when i have a pc to hand, like this week when im off

I have felt a bit nauseus today but have resisted the urge to go and look up early pregnancy symptooms - it's probably all in my head anyway!

Start a big drama!! :rofl: There is nothing quite like having something else major going on in your life to distract you!

Ha ha, online symptom tracking is so so dangerous, I spent half the weekend doing it!! I stopped when a) the hubby was giving me strange looks and pointing at my cold dinner and b) when I noticed I was totally ignoring links to information that suggestions my increased CM / non-sore bbs / cramps / nose bleeds etc WEREN’T PG symptoms!

OK, to add to that list, a few good old British lad-ette suggestions for those of us who don’t do good wifey thangs like cook and stuff (no disrespect to those who do, I just can’t cook to save my life!):

- Make sure you go out regularly with mates and eat a huge choccie sundae and gossip and giggle (no drinking alcohol though. Or Caffeine. Or choccie for that matter cos it has caffeine in it. Or fish. Or ..... o Christ, maybe visit as vegan restaurant)
- Start a new sport (I recommend korfball). Yeh, sure, you'll probably have to give it up when / if you get PG, but let's face it, who amongst us keeps up our 'I've decided to take up a new sport for the new year' drive for more than a month ;-)
- Start a short course in whatever tickles your fancy: writing, learn a language, looking after children, mechanics, cooking (hmmm, maybe that’s one for me!)
- Write a novel (this is my particular favourite at the moment). Just make sure it's not a chick lit one about a young 30-something who's desperately trying to conceive when all around her are popping ‘em out like rabbits yada yada.
- Follow Britney Spears' life via various gossip sites: it's exhausting, trust me!

x

Some distraction with your OH ;) Or they start feeling like :spermy: donors for 2 weeks with no dinner or clean house then the following 2 weeks dinner son teh table when they walk through door & the house is spotless LOL. My OH soon found out when I was ovulating & what I was up to :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->