Uk ladies and green notes - scan notes for amniotic fluid

Snugggs

Reaction score
I'm having a few problems at the minute. Baby isn't growing and I've got to go for steroids next week and toco monitoring + scan every other day. I've been having regular growth scans all the way through as ds1 was small.

My query is, and wondered if any of you had works if wisdom, usually on my notes under the AF (amniotic fluid) part they put a tick to indicate ok. But in my scan yesterday while discovering he was small and not moving a lot, she noted...

Mpp = 46mm.

Just wondered if anyone knew what this indicated?

X

I am sorry hun, I have no idea, I even did a google search to try to answer you but I couldn't find anything.

I totally sympathise as I'm being treated for a host of things including IUGR, low fluid and was blue lighted to hospital on Thursday by the MW with BP thru the roof ! Anyway all under control now with meds and appts every other day !

My fluid is measured at each scan and each sono seems to have their own way of recording
But my notes tend to read, amniotic fluid: "say" one pool seen at 3.2cms. I've also had "2 pools of 3.2cms" "pools of 4cms"

They tend to measure a pool but has to have no limbs or cord in. And then obviously depends on that single pool depth or if several pools can be seen. Average pools tend to be between 2-8cms, although 3s are seen as borderline In the US I believe they use an AF- Index but that's a pool multiplied x4

Now I'm not an expert and not sure what the abbreviation on yours mpp is but if measurement is related to AF then I would say there is at least one pool of 4.2 cms.

Interested to see what anyone else thinks !
Hth
Jo

I thought it was a pool measurement too- in cm but not sure if that's the smallest or largest pool xxx

a pool smallest or largest of 4.6cm is ok. dont worry. x

Maybe an abbreviation of maximum pool pocket (seen)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->